Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, August 23, 2021

A coin, a pail, and a mailbox

A cloudy morning walk today.
64 degrees and no wind.
Sunrise 6:38
Walked 6 miles
 It's been a while since I found any coins but this morning I found a quarter.
It was covered in dirt and grime and I couldn't tell what it was at first.
Cleaned it up some when I got home and realized,
Yes it was a quarter - a 2017 Ellis Island quarter.


Walked all over town like I usually do.
Went down to see the little horses in the pasture.


Someone put a plastic pail up on one of the posts along the road.
My gloves are across the road. :)


The only person I saw today was Joy and that was when I was
at the very end of my walk.

Mailbox Picture 19


📬    📬

Got the bathroom cleaned this morning and 
a bit of dusting done.

After lunch I went outside to work on my Island again.
This time I worked up from the other end.
I'm thinking maybe one more day maybe two till it is all cleared.

Nice once again to sit on the front porch and cool off before
going inside to read.
Had supper and now look forward to a nice quiet evening
and of course my dish of ice cream.

Thanks for stopping by.
Hope your day was a good one.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

We hurt people by being too busy. 
Too busy to notice their needs. 
Too busy to drop that note of comfort or encouragement or assurance of love. 
Too busy to listen when someone needs to talk. 
Too busy to care.

Billy Graham

19 comments:

Inger said...

Thanks for the picture of the country mail boxes. And the horses too. As always, it sounds like you had a lovely walk which then resulted in another great day. That quote about an early morning walk is so true.

Lowcarb team member said...

Sounds another good day, I hope you enjoyed your evening ice cream :)

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...I found a penny a few days ago and a glove today. It mighty hard to keep up with you, Karen.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Your closing words about being too busy really struck a chord with me.

susan q said...

My coins are few and far between walking in a park. It's always a good day for a walk. Had much rain from Henri.

Rose said...

Sounds like a perfect end to a day...

Sandi said...

I have never seen a quarter like that!

Deb J. in Utah said...

What a wonderful quote by Billy Graham at the end of this post. He was a great man. The world misses him and his wise and inspired messages. So glad you are making progress on your island. I really like that red, white and blue mailbox. A bowl of ice cream sound like such a good treat at the end of the day. See you again tomorrow. :-)

ellen b. said...

I don't think I've ever seen an Ellis Island coin before. That island is coming along. How nice to be able to sit and enjoy a bowl of ice cream when all is said and done.

Granny Marigold said...

Mailbox # 19 looks very patriotic. Even the post it sits on is decorated with some kind of tinsel ribbon (?) and a bow.

Terra said...

I like the pretty little horses and the patriotic mailbox, all so rural. Yes, let's find time so we can connect with people.

Hootin Anni said...

Best is the horses...a close runner up is the red/white/blue mail box.

Ps...I find a penny now & then at the bottom of the washing machine, does that count? Lol,..guess not the same as out walking.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

What a beautiful coin. A real treasure.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I do not remember seeing that quarter before. love the patriotic mailbox. The horses are pretty! Take care, enjoy your day!

Lisa said...

Me and my husband have decided to start keeping a coin jar starting in January and only put in coins that we find while walking just to see how much we find. We alway at least find a penny. The biggest money I ever found was a 20.00 bill with no way to tell where it could have come from. We used it for dinner. Haha.
Love the horses and mailboxes. Such country charm.
Lisa

Happy@Home said...

Wise words from Billy Graham.
That quarter is a fun find. I'm not sure if I have ever noticed an Ellis Island coin. I need to pay closer attention.
Love the patriotic mailbox.

Michelle said...

I like the quarter and I wonder if I have had an Ellis Island coin and didn't notice!

Hill Top Post said...

I love the horse picture. I notice that one is wearing a halter which makes me wonder if he might be ridden sometime.

William Kendall said...

The horses are a welcome sight.