Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Rain

65 degrees, rainy, and windy.
It was pouring down rain when I left the house for town
and it never stopped.
A couple of times it was just drizzle but for the most
part it RAINED!!

Started walking with my umbrella up but with the wind it was 
about useless.
After about a half mile got tired of fighting with the umbrella
so brought it back to the jeep and just got wet.

Didn't see anyone else crazy enough to be out there walking.
I lasted 4.2 miles and then headed back to the car and home.

One thing nice about this walk was listening to the wind and the rain
through the corn fields as I walked by.
Wind in the corn has a sound all its own.
I told that to Ken and he just looked at me and smiled.

Didn't even attempt to take my phone out to take any pictures,
but here's one from yesterday.
It is on the other side the driveway from the picture I took
of the old sleigh with the flowers.


Once back home I was soaked right to the skin and had to peel my clothes off.  
It felt so nice to get into some nice clean DRY clothes.

Mailbox Picture Number 15
I like that it is simple and has Black Eyed Susans
around it which is one of my favorite flowers.


๐Ÿ“ฌ    ๐Ÿ“ฌ

We picked up some nice looking strawberries at the store yesterday
and today I cut some up and put them on Cocoa Krispies for
breakfast this morning.
It is like eating chocolate covered strawberries
and so very good.


It had been dreary and rainy all day so we've been inside.

This is what we've done so far on the puzzle the Bettye 
gave me for my birthday back in May.
It's a bit of a challenge so it may take us awhile.


The fawns are now old enough stay with their moms all the time now.
We saw our Dolly and Fiona roaming around out back for a while.
Later two does came by with their twin fawns.
They roamed around a while and then all of them laid down 
for a couple of hours before moving on.

That's all I have for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Wednesday to you. ๐Ÿ™‚
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ happyone ❤️ 

16 comments:

Tom said...

...I like the old weathered red barn behind the the old hay cutter! It's puzzle time already?

Hootin Anni said...

Looks like the puzzle is bird life!!?!
I like rain if it's a like rainfall, not drenching. I didn't walk today...high 100 and heat index 116!!
Pretty flower grouping with the mailbox.

Hootin Anni said...

like should be light rainfall

Debi said...

WE had rain for the past two days too, but the next two days of rain are going to go right around us. Thankful for that since this rain will be a hard, driving one. I really like how you have decorated by your driveway... very pretty and inviting.

Hill Top Post said...

I had to delay my walk this morning for about an hour because of a rain shower, out of consideration for Millie. Reading about your walk in the rain made me shudder a bit. I enjoy pottering about the house on a rainy day.

Vee said...

I'm assuming that Fred was responsible for the rain. He's coming tomorrow to spend the day with us up here. I can imagine how good it felt to be dry and cozy. Ken smiled at your description of the wind in the corn. Sounds like a wonderful title for a book.

ellen b. said...

Soaked! I'd like to hear the wind sweep through the corn! Josh and Laura are in Arizona right now and they've had some monsoon storms the last few nights. Might be time for us to pull out another puzzle.

Granny Marigold said...

Listening to the sound of the wind and rain in the corn field makes walking in the rain worth the effort I'm sure. Too bad you got so very wet. Hopefully tomorrow will be a dryer walk.
The old mower with the shrubs makes a lovely little outdoor vignette.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Oh we do need some rain over here. I like Coco Pops. That's what we call them over here. With strawberries or bananas.

God bless.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Yesterday was very rainy here too. There was some flooding and evacuations. 4-6 inches came down in different parts of the state. It poured and poured most of the day. Our walk was cut short last night and I exercised downstairs. More rain today. We need it to, so I won't complain. Don't like the flooding though. I have never tried Coco Pops with strawberries. Maybe I should. Sounds so good. Have a good Thursday!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The first scene is pretty with the barn in the background. We had a lot of rain yesterday and a tornado warning. I usually have a puzzle going, hubby and I take out time working on one till it's done and then we start another one. I like your Audubon puzzle. The Black-eyed Susans are pretty near the mailbox. Have a great day!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Rain...Rain...Rain...

๐Ÿ’ง ๐ŸŒ‚๐Ÿ’ง ๐ŸŒ‚๐Ÿ’ง ๐ŸŒ‚๐Ÿ’ง

Happy@Home said...

I can imagine how good those dry clothes felt after your wet walk. We've had a lot of rain here too.
It made me feel good to hear that you are finding this puzzle to be a bit of a challenge. That's because I completed that very puzzle a few months ago and I consider myself to be a real amateur compared to your puzzle skills. It is a pretty one once finished.

William Kendall said...

That puzzle is going to take time.

Karen said...

When we lived in West Virginia, we had property on top of a mountain and the wind would blow through the tall grasses up there. It also had a sound of its own. So peaceful, and I miss it!

Lowcarb team member said...

Those strawberries look delicious ...
I think that puzzle will be a challenging one!

All the best Jan