Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, August 19, 2021

Progress

 65 degrees again this morning.
Rained during the night so everything was wet but no rain
while I walked, just cloudy.
Walked 6 miles
My shoes from yesterday were still wet so had to get another
pair out of the box.  I always buy a few pair at a time!

Had a nice walk all over town.


The man I've been seeing walking his dog stopped and we
had a little chat but didn't get his name.
Saw Joy at a distance,
and Rebecca just starting her run as I was leaving for home.

Pumpkins were planted at the day care center and though
there were many blossoms I only see ONE pumpkin and it is still green.
It's sitting there in the middle of the picture.


Look what I spotted - leaves changing color.
Not wide spread yet though, these were the only ones I saw.


Mailbox Picture 16
It's a bit smashed and on a very rusty post.


📬    📬

Had another bowl of Cocoa Krispies with strawberries again for breakfast.

It was Blankets for Babies day at church so that's
where I was this morning.
There were 9 of us there.
Pam gave the devotional this month on HOPE.

These are the colors I'm using for the next blanket.
 I have 7 light blue squares made already.


Home for lunch and then I went outside and worked on my
island project.  It drizzled on and off while I was out there.
Haven't made too much progress yet but here's a picture.


 It was a cool day but still I got hot working so sat 
on the porch for a while to cool off.

Read a little while before it was time to get supper ready.

That's all for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Thursday to you. 🙂
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

15 comments:

ellen b. said...

Progress is good. Smart idea to have more than one pair of walking shoes. Those are sweet colors for a baby blanket!

William Kendall said...

That last view appeals to me.

Tom said...

...I like the silo peaking up in the first image��!

Bettye said...

Mailbox number 16 looks like a cross with a mailbox on top. Love the colors for the September baby blanket.

Unknown said...

Those leaves changing colors makes me so happy. Fall is on the way! I liked that mailbox post, it kinda looks like a rusty cross.

Hootin Anni said...

The island will beat work of art, I'm sure.
The top photo with the tall stately evergreens reminds me of an entrance to a medieval castle.

Hootin Anni said...

beat - be a

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I love all the yarn colors, they will make beautiful blankets. The first photo is pretty, lovely view! Take care, have a happy weekend!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

That's not a pumpkin. It's the basket ball I lost when it went over the fence into the neighbour's garden. How did it get all the way to you?

God bless.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

You are making progress. Good to take a pic. -smile-

Doesn't sound like you had all the rain, we had. Good for you. It was not fun.

Granny Marigold said...

Drying wet shoes can be a problem. I think walking when my feet are wet and cold is so uncomfortable.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the mix of colours you are using for the next blanket.

All the best Jan

Rose said...

Was just going to look but not comment but I have to say I cannot wait to see the next baby blanket. I love the yarns you have chosen.

Rose said...

OHHHH, yes! Really can't wait to see it...these are such beautiful colors.