Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Mailbox 14

 A cloudy morning walk that seemed like it would rain any minute.
It held off though till I got back home.
65 degrees and calm.
Sunrise 6:32
Walked 6 miles

Another walk all around town.
A quiet morning and didn't see anyone else out,
not even anyone out in their yard!


Snapped a picture of these geese flying.
No nice V formation for these flying geese.


Mailbox Picture Number 14
I'm thinking this family has a son in the military.
Note the soldier wood cutout.


πŸ“¬    πŸ“¬

A couple rain showers this morning but mostly just cloudy.
A quick trip to the Shop and Save right after breakfast.

Finished the Baby Blanket for August.
If you care to take a look at it 
you can see it HERE.

Went outside after lunch and got a little start on my Island Project.
A few little trees got cut down - Ken did that.
I got a start on clearing the area.
Pretty easy so far getting up the weeds and grass
because it rained.
Still it's a lot of work and is going to take awhile.
Will take pictures but have none for today.
Not enough to see much of a difference yet.

Sat on the porch resting and cooling off before going back in the house.
Then I read for a while till it was time to get supper.

Thanks for stopping by.
Hope your day was a good one.
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳 happyone ❤️



Comment Replies:
Connie and MsBB - Yes, the blue thing in the barn yard is a scratching post for the bulls.

Anni - You were right!! It is a gypsy moth.  If I had known what is was I would have killed it.  Don't want them around here!!

12 comments:

Tom said...

...I love the old sled. We had some much needed rain today too, bring me more.

ellen b. said...

I like #14! That flower filled old sled is cool. Yippee for rain. We got a fair share of it today and we are thankful!

Angie's Recipes said...

Starting the day with a walk is definitely a good idea. I like that mail box.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

No V formation because the geese are going through the alphabets. They are about to form the letter Y.

God bless.

Hootin Anni said...

Ya, me too. (Gypsy moth)
I come from a family of brothers, husband, and son who served ...appreciate the mailbox tribute! To see geese flying in formation reminds me of Autumn days a'comin'!!

Hootin Anni said...

Ps...love the purple in the blanket.

eileeninmd said...

The sled with flowers looks so pretty. I like the mailbox and cut-out, a veteran could live there. Pretty capture of the geese in flight. The blanket is pretty, love the colors. Take care, have a great day.

KEV. Robertson. said...

I like the Geese formation fly-over...we don't see this here at all. Have a great week there Karen. Cheers. KEV.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I love that old sleigh bed filled with flowers. What an interesting planter box. I was so busy last night, I didn't get to read yesterday's post, but I like the idea of the "island" you are working on. That will be great. Will look forward to pictures of the finished project. Have a good Wednesday!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I like the sleigh with flowers too! That's beautiful! And the mailboxes you see are very neat. I like this one with the soldier!

William Kendall said...

An unusual flower box.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

A formation of geese! That says coming autumn!

Neat sleigh.

Military post... Love it!

Starting on The Island. Don't take too long to take pics, your work will not look like much to you... All of a sudden, it will be too late, to see the difference. -smile-

🌻🌼🌻🌼🌻