Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, August 10, 2021

My One Eggplant

67 degrees this morning with a breeze at times 
and a mix of sun ☀️ and clouds. ☁️
Sunrise 6:25
Walked 6 miles 🚢‍♀️
I'm walking in the lower cemetery here and the sun is just
now coming over the mountain at 6:55.
It was light out and not dark like in the picture, 
just that I took the picture into the sun.


Walked all around town like usual.


All the geese were in the parking lot again.
Wonder why they sit on the paved parking lot when they could be in the grass.
Four deer were at the edge of the corn field in the lower cemetery.
One was a fawn and ran straight to mom when she saw me.
Then they all ran into the corn.

Rebecca and I passed each other 3 times!
The same man was out again walking his dog.
I saw Ruth Ann walking her two dogs.
Dwayne was walking too as well as Joy.
Quite a few of us out this morning.

The little garden by the library.


MailBox Number 8
The post on this one caught my attention.


Shopping day at the Shop and Save and went first thing after
breakfast like we usually do.
We just got home and things put away when it got dark, windy,
and a thunder storm quickly blew through 
then back to sunshine.

Went to pick the one and only eggplant out of the garden
and what did we see but a couple more starting!!

We ate the one picked today for supper. πŸ†


Sliced it, breaded it, baked it in the oven and then put it on 
sub rolls with mozzarella cheese and sauce.
Usually fry the breaded eggplant in a little olive oil but it came out great 
baked and a lot less messy for sure.

We've had one bell pepper growing in the garden
and today there are a few more.
Guess our garden is just a late bloomer. πŸ™‚

We had another thunder storm come through this afternoon.
Now it is nice and cool.

That's it for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you. πŸ™‚
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Kim - I have and use one of the old sifter.

17 comments:

Tom said...

...that sunrise with dark foreground is wonderful. Mountain Ash trees have been rare these days here. The Mountain Laurel Garden Clubs has done a nice job. The mailbox post looks like Trumpet Vine or Wisteria grew around a tree and gave it that spiral effect, I have a few walking sticks like that. My eggplants are growing , but no fruit yet. My garden is a real late bloomer!!!

Hootin Anni said...

Mmmmmm, that eggplant looks great. And find the mailbox post of interest today.

Granny Marigold said...

I hardly ever make eggplant but your description of how you prepared yours makes me want to try that too.

William Kendall said...

I have never had eggplant.

Vee said...

That's great news about your late bloomer garden. Late produce is better than none at all.

ellen b. said...

Such an interesting post for that mailbox. That eggplant looks real fresh and healthy. A deer ate off the top of our jalapeno plant and it is now making a comeback. Sounds like a good day in your neighborhood!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Pretty garden, I like the post holding the mailbox. I would love some eggplant parmesan. We had a thunderstorm last night, it was a good to get some rain for our flowers. Enjoy your day and the week ahead.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

How clever to grow your own aubergines. We never managed that.

God bless.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Eggplant has to be one of my all time favorites- great with Spagetti. The Geese probably like the Parking Lot because it is warmer in the sun? Have a great time there Karen- stay safe and well. Regards. KEV.

Lisa said...

I planted two egg plants this year. A purple one and a white one. I have nothing. I get the flower but not the fruit.
I think they are in some bad soil. I grew them one year in another spot and got 3 or 4 off one plant. I like egg plant sliced and fried.
Lisa

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. That is a beautiful eggplant. So glad you were able to enjoy it for dinner. It's also good to hear that you have a few more egg plants growing in the garden. There were sure a lot of people in your town out walking yesterday morning. So nice that some thunderstorms came through and cooled off your temperatures. Have a good Wednesday!

Jeanette said...

Love the sunrise picture! Your eggplant dinner sounds really good!

Kim said...

Oh, that little library garden makes me so happy. What a cheerful spot. That mailbox post is pretty cool. Curious, what are those flowering trees? Or is that fruit? Very pretty! I will look for one of those old-style sifters. Happy Wednesday, Karen!

Michelle said...

This is the second year I have tried to grow Eggplant, without success. Yours looks good.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Wow, the days are really getting shorter!!!

Beautiful tree, wonder what it is? But no need for you to tell me. -smile-

Hooray for the veggies, and more coming! The weather finally got the way they like it, and they are producing. -smile-

Baked instead of fried sounds so much easier!!!!! Excellent idea. Excellent dinner idea.

If we get T-storms today/tomorrow, it won't help. To be very, very hot. So a storm would only make it worse.

Gentle hugs,
🌼🌻🌼🌻🌼🌻🌼

Kim said...

Just realized I didn't mention your eggplant. Congrats on growing one! We don't eat them because Hubby loathes them, and I'm indifferent to them myself. But they're such a pretty vegetable. My one and only time cooking with one was when I made eggplant ravioli one time back in the 1980's (from Jane Brody's Good Food Book). Didn't win Hubby over, but I thought they were ok.

Lowcarb team member said...

Your aubergine/eggplant looks great, a nice size.

All the best Jan