Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, August 09, 2021

Mailbox Number 7

Five deer crossed the street in front of me on my way to town.
They went from the corn field into the woods.
It was 61 degrees when I started walking at 6:25.
A little foggy in places but the sun was shining and it was very still.
Sunrise - 6:24
Walked 6 miles

This morning all the geese were in the parking lot by the pond
and all ran down to the pond when I drove in the lot.

Walked through town and down the main road for a bit before
turning around and headed back.


 Then it was around the industrial park and the road that runs
between the main road and the industrial park.


Didn't see anyone till I got to the ball park loop.
A woman and her daughter were walking there
and then saw another woman walking on my way back to the car.

A little dog was running around town on his own and followed me for
a while till I went down a side street and lost him.

Another Mailbox - this one is number 7 and it is Roger's mailbox.


All that walking around made me hungry for a pancake
so that's what I made us for breakfast!

Got a very good start on the weekly house cleaning!!

Finished the very last A - Z Bible lesson today.
The lessons were all very good and I learned so much.
Feels good to have accomplished all the lessons.

Read some and also knitted.
This evening I'll make some weave-its for the next baby blanket.

A warm day today, (at least for here) made it to 84 degrees.
But having all the windows open and having so many trees around
it stayed pretty cool.

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳 happyone ❤️

18 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

After that nice walk I'm sure your pancake tasted delicious.
I like Roger's mailbox.

Have a good week.

All the best Jan

Bettye said...

Congratulations on finishing the Bible Study A - Z.

Hootin Anni said...

Pretty morning walk!! You live in a nice, quiet, part of the country. Very attractive mailbox today!

Tom said...

...your first image is beautiful.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Sounds like perfect temps for walking! Love the mailbox photos you are showing!

Kim said...

Oh, that's a pretty mailbox! Sounds like a good day for you! Yay about the big deer sighting! Woot!

Henny Penny said...

That was aa pretty walk. I like mailbox #7.

Granny Marigold said...

Roger has a nice red mailbox. The flowers are a nice touch.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I like how the folks are decorating their mailboxes.

Hill Top Post said...

It sounds like you got a great start to the week. There was a hot dry wind blowing here, so the sheets were dry in no time at all. I love your first picture.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Another beautiful sunny day to be busy in. Enjoy.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Nice walk and beautiful views! I like the flowers near the mailbox.
I hope the dog's home is nearby! Have a great day!

Happy@Home said...

Roger's flowers coordinate well with his mailbox.
Your weather sounds delightful to me. I am getting tired of the 90s and would love to be able to open the windows.

Jeanette said...

The mailboxes are so pretty with the flowers around them! It's always nice to get ahead of the housework! I seldom do!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Glad your day was nice. Here it was another scorcher with possible 'be careful about the heat.' Sooooo, I put the A/C on, where I was. He doesn't mind it as much as I do. But whole 5 rooms, were soon with A/C.

So happy to have the 2 wall units, one on each "end" of the house. With doors between rooms, so we can have it here, and have windows open there. >,-)

Another very pretty mail box!

πŸŒ»πŸŒΌπŸ’›πŸŒΌπŸŒ»

Michelle said...

Your walk sounds glorious. Mine have been short ones since going back to work :(

ellen b. said...

How lovely to have the windows open and enjoy a breeze. Pancakes sound real good about now. A red mailbox is fun!

William Kendall said...

Your first shot is my favourite.