Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, August 16, 2021

A Moth with ears πŸ˜ƒ

A cloudy morning walk today with a temperature of 61 degrees.
Not much of a breeze.
Sunrise 6:31
Walked 6 miles

Walked down the main road away from town for a bit
and here I'm walking back to town and then walked all around town.


Thought I was going to get caught in the rain again but it never did rain.

Two of the bulls were back after not seeing them for a few days 
but they weren't very interested in seeing me.


The man walking his dog was out again.
Also saw Dwayne, Margaret, and Joy.

It was moving day for some people.
One of the houses that was just sold had people moving in today.
Looks like it was a local move because there were a couple
pickup trucks loaded with stuff.
It was the house that had the tricycle out on the garbage.

Kermit was out in his yard doing some more work.
He was digging a post hole to put in a light out back
I see him out in his yard most every morning
with a friendly smile and a good morning.

Still have a few more Mailboxes to post.
This one is number 13


πŸ“¬    πŸ“¬

Ken took this picture of the underside of a moth that was on the
outside on our back glass door.
He calls it the Rabbit Moth because it looks like it has big ears.


It rained after I got home.
Did my house stuff in the morning.

Later after lunch the rain stopped and I went outside to
look over a little piece of land out front that we call the island.
It is my next project.
Not exactly sure what I want to do yet.
Maybe put a path down the middle
and have some flowers and a bird bath.
Anyway I took a couple of before pictures.
One from the top of the driveway


and one from the bottom.


After taking the pictures it started to rain again so didn't get
to stay outside very long.

Sewed a couple more rows of squares on the baby blanket
and then read. 

That's all for today.
A happy Monday to you. πŸ™‚
Thanks for stopping by.
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳 happyone ❤️ 

18 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

That's an interesting moth. Good picture of its underside.
That's a nice pot of flowers hanging from mailbox #13.

Tom said...

...that's a neat moth and the name is appropriate. I canned a bushel of peaches today we enjoy peaches on homemade biscuits.

Inger said...

Another happy day in your world. And that moth is amazing, what a good capture.

Debi said...

I used to hang flowers by our mailbox but I haven't done it in years, maybe next year. Neat photo of the moth and I like your name for it. Will enjoy following the progress of the "island". Have a great week!

Connie said...

Your posts are always so interesting, that moth especially. I do have a question, is that blue post in with the cattle for scratching their backs?
In response to the comment you left on my blog. I've been looking at pickup shells on Pinterest to see how people are fixing them up, but none of them were designed with a girly woman in mind. I wanted to be comfortable and have a bit of charm at the same time, LOL. Not frilly, but practical and pretty.

ellen b. said...

That moth really does remind me of a bunny. Love the mailboxes with the added flowers. I'm sure you will come up with a good plan for your island.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That is an interesting looking moth.

Hill Top Post said...

I am looking forward to seeing what you do with the island! We have a new bull in the hilltop pasture where I walk. He doesn't seem interested in me either. That's a good thing! :~)

Hootin Anni said...

The underside of a gypsy moth? I like the reference to rabbit tho. I'm sure your "island" will be pretty with flowers & birdbath.
Lovely mailbox.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You're always so busy. No wonder you're happy.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The mailbox area looks nice with the hanging flowers. It is nice to see the bulls back. The moth is interesting, I've never seen one like that.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Happy@Home said...

I'm going to start looking closer at moths to see if they have ears like that. I think Ken's name is very appropriate.
I look forward to seeing what you decide to do with your island.

Vee said...

Can't say that I have ever seen a moth with ears. Kind of freaky. ☺️

William Kendall said...

That moth is photogenic.


Beside a babbling brook... said...

The bulls can scratch themselves on the BLUE 'thing.'? Please tell the farmer, for me, that he is a good man! Thinking of the comfort of his bulls!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool moth!!!

Fun, a new project! Fixing up 'the island'.

Michelle said...

Sounds like another wonderful day to me. That moth photo is excellent.

Lowcarb team member said...

Great photograph of the moth.

All the best Jan

Jeanette said...

Looking forward to seeing what you do with your island!