Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, August 27, 2021

Friday

🌤 A mix of sun and clouds when I walked.
It was 64 degrees with no breeze at all.
It was suppose to rain but it never did rain during my walk or all day.
Walked 6 miles


Walked straight through town and out the other side.
Turned around here because I don't like to walk along the
road there on the curve.  


While out this way I walked around the industrial park
and then back through town to the Jeep.

Since I wasn't in town much didn't see anyone else out walking.
Didn't see any animals either.

My next series of pictures are going to be Back Yard Sheds and
will post the first one on Monday.
Thought about doing fire hydrants but they all look the same.
(at least they are all the same where I walk)
Red with a green top.


👟    👟    👟

No outside work again today but will get back to it tomorrow.

We took all our garbage to the dump.
Stopped in at the lumber yard in town to buy a couple rolls
of plastic to put down under the stone and gravel that we will
be putting on the Island.
Also stopped at the library to pick up a DVD and a book.

Made some weave-it squares, knitted a little and read.

We made homemade pizza for supper.
Our neighbor Ron, gave is a few tomatoes and we put
some on our pizza.
His garden has not done so great this year so it was really
nice of him to give us tomatoes.
In previous years he's given us bags and bags of them.

That's all for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
When times are bad there is still always something
to be thankful for.
Count your blessings and have a happy day. 🙂
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
HTP - Funny you should mention Ken making a puzzle piece, because that is just what he is doing!! 😃

Vee - No, the puzzle piece hasn't shown up yet.  Yes, we have delightful summer weather. I always say, summers up here are like one long spring!

15 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

I like the look of your fire hydrants, the red and the green together are very colourful.

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...there was a nearby town that had a variety of paint combinations on their fire hydrants. I never got around to photograph them, they now are all red with a yellow tops. The lesson learned is not to put things off until later.

Hootin Anni said...

I like the color of your hydrants. Here they're yellow. I don't know if your area of U S, but here they do this. Just feet from a hydrant, IN the street asphalt, they embed a blue reflector for fire trucks to know where the water is (in darkness).

Pizza sounds yummy.

Hill Top Post said...

I enjoy seeing those rolls of hay showing up in your photos. Your pictures are beginning to look just a tad fallish.

Vee said...

I like the color combo on the fire hydrants there. Here they are yellow with green tops. I like your description of summer there. Lots of people could get very excited about that kind of weather.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Lovely views. Have a great weekend.

Bettye said...

Don't give up on finding the missing piece to the puzzle, because I had a missing piece and it showed up in another room in the house. It must have hung on to my clothes and then dropped off. Another piece to another puzzle I never found. The puzzle is very pretty.

susan q said...

Our fire hydrants are all red here. I wonder how or who decides what colors to use for hydrants? Your puzzle looks very difficult and you and Ken did a great job on it! Today was a thankful one.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen - I mentioned delicious garden tomatoes in my post today too. I love what you said at the end of this post. So true that even in tough times, there is much to be grateful for. Hope you have a good weekend.

Granny Marigold said...

Putting plastic under the gravel in the island bed should keep weeds from spoiling the looks of it. I look forward to seeing what you'll plant there.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The fire hydrants here are usually a bright orange, red or yellow. I guess they should be easy to find. I love the first view and photo. Take care, have a happy weekend!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Looking forward to seeing your future walk photos of garden sheds and such Karen. Yes, no matter how bad things get there is always something to find to be thankful for. Regards. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You've been busy!

God bless.

ellen b. said...

That was nice of your neighbor to share his small crop. I can see why you wouldn't walk along that curve. Hope Saturday is going well.

William Kendall said...

The hay is waiting to be collected.