Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, August 06, 2021

Egg Beater

 60 degrees
Some low hanging clouds at first but then sunny.
Calm
Sunrise - 6:22
Walked 6 miles

Stopped just past the end of my driveway and took a picture
of a neighbor cow on my way to town.


Another enjoyable walk around town.
Quite a few people out this morning.
A dog walker, a woman walker, Rebecca, Joy, Sheila and Dwayne.
Dwayne stopped and asked me how many miles I walk.
I told him and he told me he started with 1 mile and now
he's up to 3 1/2 miles!! 

Went down to say hi to the bulls - they weren't ready to get up yet.


There were a couple of deer roaming around the cemetery and ran
off and disappeared into the corn.

Corn is way over my head now.
That's my orange hat so you can see how much taller the corn is than I am.


Todays Mailbox - number 5
A lot of people put flowers by their mailboxes.


📬    📬    📬

I put the eggs and milk in a bowl to mix up for fried bread.
Usually use a whisk and I was thinking my mother used to
use an egg beater.  
Was wondering if they still made them because I think I'd like one,
when I realized I had two old ones hanging up for decoration in the kitchen.


So took it down, washed it, used it, and put it back.
Worked great, better than the whisk so I'll be using that from now on. 

While cleaning I changed a few things around in our bedroom
and the living room again.  Nothing major, just a few little things.

We both sat out on the porch - was nice with a nice cool breeze.

And so another day passes by much too fast.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you. 🙂
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Vee - No, didn't make up the extra 2 miles from yesterday, but you are right very often I do. 😃

16 comments:

Tom said...

...this year the corn is as high as I have ever remember it. I'm glad to see that you wear an orange hat. It drives me crazy when I walkers and biker on the road wearing dark colors.

Hootin Anni said...

You say : We both sat out on the porch - was nice with a nice cool breeze.

I'm so envious.

The Furry Gnome said...

I remember using an egg beater, and I have a bright orange hat too!

Granny Marigold said...

Obviously it is a good year for corn because that corn is very tall.
Nice that you could actually make use of your old egg beater. I don't think I've ever owned one.That's a nice display of old kitchen things on your wall.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Dear One, Re: your comment in my blog.... "It won't be taught here, at least not yet! "

Critical Race Theory...

How do you know, it is not going to be taught there, come September?

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Love how you are too early for the bulls! They are not ready to start their day, since the sun is rising later. -grinnn-

Ahhh yes, an egg beater! I'm sure you can buy them, but you have them, right there, on your wall!!!!

Very pretty mail box today.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Your corn picture makes me think of that old song from the musical Oklahoma "the corn is as high as an elephant's eye." That mailbox looks all black and orange - ready for Halloween. I love your new Bitmoji picture. See you again tomorrow. :-)

KEV. Robertson. said...

Sometimes the older inventions serve better than the newer products. Stay safe and well there Karen and Ken. Cheers. KEV.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Karen,

I love the cow photos and the one your hat with the corn. The corn here is pretty tall too. I like seeing the flowers by the mailboxes. Take care, have a great weekend!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I remember those egg beaters. I'll search for ours.

God bless.

ellen b. said...

Looking up paid off with the realization you had those egg beaters. Fun. Glad you had a nice walk and even encountered other walkers! I like the flower basket on that mailbox.

Vee said...

Those vintage egg beaters are no joy to clean. I think that's why I finally gave up on mine. Your collection in the kitchen looks nice.

Flowers by the mailbox look great. It's giving me ideas.

Jeanette said...

Sounds like a busy day for walkers! I love to change up a room a little occasionally. It breaks up the same old same old!

William Kendall said...

And cows will always give you a look.

Hill Top Post said...

If I were a goose and wanted to get to the pond, I would fly! :~) Before long, you are going to have inspired half the townspeople to become walkers. And, that's a good thing.

Kim said...

You have quite a collection of old kitchen gadgets on display! I hope you share them more in the future. I'm considering getting an old style sifter again. Had one and got rid of it like a fool. My mesh sieves are nice, but I think it would be less messy sifting flour with the old type because it has solid sides to contain it.

Love the cow and mailbox pics!