Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, August 07, 2021

Peeking Out

 64 degrees
Cloudy and calm
Sunrise - 6:23
Walked 6 miles

My usual walk around town again - the same but different.

Lots of geese down near the pond.
They were all sitting and when I approached them they all
got up and walked/ran down to the pond.


A deer was by the Drane house when I went to see the bulls.
The bulls scratching post looks well used.
I remember when it was new not too long ago.


A few people around town this morning.
The man walking his dog, Rebecca, Roger, and two women
I've not seen before.
There was a man with a motorcycle down by the ball park.
He takes his little dog around with him on his bike.
I took a picture of the dog peeking out of the back pack.


We got to talking a bit and I gave him a gospel tract.
He said, "Oh thank you, thank you very much."
And as I continued walking he started reading it. ๐Ÿ˜€

The three rocking chairs on a porch made me smile.
One for Papa, Mama, and Baby.


Mailbox picture number 6


๐Ÿ“ฌ    ๐Ÿ“ฌ    ๐Ÿ“ฌ

We took our garbage to the dump this morning.

Haven't done much today.
Made some Potato Salad which we had for supper with hotdogs.

My friend Bettye gave me a jigsaw puzzle for my birthday back in May.
Was saving it to do when we got the first snow fall 
this winter but decided to do it now.
It's a 1000 piece one of birds - really nice.
Just getting the border done so not enough to take a picture yet.

A happy Saturday to you. ๐Ÿ™‚
Thanks for stopping by.
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ happyone ❤️

12 comments:

Tom said...

...I wonder if the dog enjoyed the ride!

William Kendall said...

The bull seems to take things in stride.

Granny Marigold said...

Sounds like a lovely Saturday, much like mine. We're making pizza for supper but it's too early for starting that so here I am at my computer. Have a blessed Sunday

Deb J. in Utah said...

That is such a cute picture of the dog peeking out of the backpack. Sounds like you carry gospel tracts with you and give them out to people you meet. Will look forward to seeing a picture of the puzzle you started. Hope you have a good Sunday. Are you going to keep going to church in person, even with Covid rates up?

Hootin Anni said...

I've been thinking of getting our puzzle table set up. Obviously, haven't yet. P S and dogs sounds like a great summer dinner!

Love the photo of the biker's poochie. And mail boxes, plus the porch.

Vee said...

That's a cute little dog peeking out. Bet he makes himself a nifty little nest once he's over the trail. How satisfying that the man took the tract and thanked you.Have said a little prayer over that situation.

You sure have described a wonderful day. I mowed half my lawn. That makes it a good day here as well.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I like the Canada geese photo.

God bless, Happyone.

KEV. Robertson. said...

I like your photo of the Canada Geese- we don't have Geese here- occasionally we see Wood Ducks but only very rarely. Enjoy the week ahead Karen. Best Wishes. KEV.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I like seeing the geese, the bull and the cute little dog on the motorcycle.
The little rocking chair is cute. Hubby and I try to keep a puzzle going, we might take awhile getting one done if the weather is nice. Take care, have a happy day and a great new week ahead.

Jeanette said...

I've seen more Canada geese around than ever this year! I think the population keeps doubling every year! Cute rocking chairs on the porch!

ellen b. said...

That's a good idea to have the tracts to hand to someone you feel led to. May God open his heart to his saving gospel!

Kim said...

Awww, how nice that you gave that gentleman a tract! Hope it makes a difference in his life. Cute doggy he has! Lovely photos. That scratching post looks well-used! I bet those bulls are thankful for it when the flies get to them! Happy Monday!