Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, July 13, 2021

The Wheelbarrow Tire

A nice sunny walk this morning.  The temperature was 67 degrees with a nice cool breeze.
Sunrise - 6:01   Sunset - 8:44
Walked around both cemeteries, around town, down the main road a bit, up Sale Barn, and around the ball park.  



I didn't find any gloves today but it looks like someone has lost a shoe.  I was NOT the one who put the shoe on the post though.  Wonder how long it will last there and what will be gone first, the shoe or the gloves.





I have been wondering where all the geese have gone.
I found them.  They are at another pond.  This is a farm pond and it is across the street from the school.





I saw Rebecca out walking Leo and we ran into each other a couple of times.
Once in town and once at the ball park.

A few rabbits about, deer, and a ground hog.





Walked 6 miles






☀️    🚢‍♀️    🌼

Food shopping day at the Shop and Save and we got over
with first thing in the morning after breakfast.

Then I did some more weekly house chores.

We have a wheelbarrow and a garden cart and the tires are
always going flat.
Ken and David fixed that problem today.
They drilled holes in the tires.
Then filled the tires with that spray insulation that comes in a can.
It hardens inside and no more flat tires!

Weeded more weeds out of the gravel around the house.
Then sat on the porch knitting for a while.

Another nice sunny day with just a quick thunder storm late afternoon,
then back to sunshine.

That's it for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you. πŸ™‚
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳 happyone ❤️

16 comments:

William Kendall said...

A good solution for the tire.

Tom said...

...over the weekend I was out taking pictures and found a glove, I doubt that I will be able to keep up with you. The two wheel cart that I pull with zero turn mower had flat tires and I tried to fix them with foam. I made a mess and wasn't happy how they turned out. I bought a pair at Harbor Freight and all is well.

Hootin Anni said...

Clever work on the wheel barrow!

ellen b. said...

Flat tires are a bother for sure. Glad they came up with a solution. Hope it lasts for a long time. Happy evening to you!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Great way to fix the flat on the wheel barrow.

Martha said...

Sounds like another nice walk and productive day for you. Great idea for the wheelbarrow and a garden cart tire fix! Have a nice evening. :)

Granny Marigold said...

I can understand a glove falling from your pocket but losing a shoe?
I wonder if someone will come looking for it.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I do no understand how someone can loose a shoe.
The flat tire seemed like an easy fix, great idea.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Lisa said...

Eileeninmd in the comment above me took the words out of my mouth. How does someone lose ONE SHOE?

Lisa

Vee said...

My wheelbarrow needs a new tire. I find this solution very intriguing, though I am sure it would be more bother than just replacing the tire. The tire is 25 years old so it's time and I miss my wheelbarrow.

The weather there looks glorious!

Pom Pom said...

Hi Karen! Your weather sounds lovely! Great thinking concerning the flat tires! I'm glad your summer is perking along well!

Bill said...

What an easy method to fix a flat tire and it comes in a can. Never heard of that but but it works.:)

Nellie said...

Well, that’s a quick fix for those wheelbarrow tires! No more flats! Funny to see that shoe on the post!:-)

Beside a babbling brook... said...

I can see going on, without a glove. But how does one go on, without a shoe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Ahhhh gravel, which needs constant weeding. -sigh-

πŸŒΌπŸ‘πŸ’›πŸ‘πŸŒΌ

R's Rue said...

Have a great day full of love.

Carol W. said...

Karen, sitting on the porch knitting sounds heavenly! Way too hot here in Phoenix (over 100) to do that. Have a blessed day! πŸ™