Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, July 20, 2021

The TV Saga

 It was another one of those foggy mornings when I walked.
59 degrees and calm.  Fog burned off by the time I was finished walking.
This road runs parallel and between the main road and the industrial park.


This in the industrial park.


Also walked around town and a few times around the ball park loop.
The new score board is finally up the ball park but I was wondering what
the H-E is at the bottom right.
Does any one know?

Saw a lot of these spider webs on the grass.


None of the regulars out walking this morning but did see Wyane who
I see walking once in a great while.

Saw a couple of deer and some rabbits.
One rabbit was just a tiny little thing, I could have held it in my hand.

Walked 6 miles
Found a penny

☁️    🚶‍♀️    🌤    💰 

We didn't do so well with televisions last evening.
Tried to watch a DVD and the television would not go on.
Then it turned itself on and off few times and then just nothing.
Nothing that Ken did worked and it just died.
Next we had an old TV down in the basement and we
brought that up.
That worked for a few minutes and that too died.
Last try was an old computer with a DVD slot in it.
Again that worked for a bit and that computer is dead too.
After 3 things dying we figure we weren't meant to
watch any DVD's.

This morning we went out to Walmart and got a new television. 
It was a TCL.  Took it home and got it all set up but we didn't like
it all.  It was much too dark even on the brightest setting.
So the TV got packed up and off to Walmart we went again.
 We returned that one and picked out another brand.
Back home to set this new one up.
It is a Samsung and we now have a TV again.

🖥    🖥    🖥

Didn't get much done around the house today.
The only thing I did was get the sheets washed.

Thanks for stopping by.
Hope your day was a happy one. 🙂
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️


Comment Replies:
Martha - Yes, it was a corn field - one of many around here.

26 comments:

Tom said...

...the first image is fabulous!

The Furry Gnome said...

Glad you got TV back. We sit and watch TV every evening together.

Linda said...

H-E are hits and errors.

William Kendall said...

I'm not sure those are spider webs.

Martha said...

Beautiful fog shots! I guess you definitely weren't meant to watch a DVD last night. Now if the DVD was Children of the Corn I'd really be freaking out right now lol. Glad you have a nice new TV and are back up and running again. :)

Vee said...

After three devices croaked.... Yes, it seemed like a sign. 😉 When my tv goes all kerfluey, I know it's time to charge the remote. It's hard to be without a tv in the country. Not a whole lot going one.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Sounds like you had a frustrating evening trying to watch a DVD. More frustration trying to get a new TV. So glad you finally got something that works.

Hill Top Post said...

I enjoy your foggy morning pictures. We haven’t had good luck with TVs the past few years. We now have a Samsung which,so far, is doing fine.

Granny Marigold said...

Well, I'm glad you persevered and in the end found a TV that was right for you.

Unknown said...

Isn't it funny how things go out in three's? We have a Samsung too, and like it. I do want to get a bigger one for our bedroom before the winter sets in though.

Hootin Anni said...

What do they say about things happening in threes?
H is hits
E is errors

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Well ... you found a penny.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Love the foggy scenes. My hubby was having trouble with the cable or TV last night.
We have the Samsung tv's too. Take care, enjoy your day!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Glad your TV problems are solved- Samsung is a good brand. I only watch TV when it is the Nightly News- my Partner is the one who watches TV. I've a DVD Player in my Study where I can watch some favored Movies. All the best. KEV.

Inger said...

Great that you got it solved. Strange that a new TV would not work properly. I don't have TV any more. I realized that I paid to watch many different programs and I never did, so it didn't make sense to keep it.

Bill said...

Love the foggy scenes especially the one with the three trees and the sunrising.

Jeanette said...

Love the shot with the fog and the sun and trees! Glad you got a TV that works. I don't watch much TV but we do have shows we like to watch in the evening.

Retired Knitter said...

Wow, such bad luck!

Kim said...

Our big deep freezer died on Saturday. And before that, the washer. Must be Appliances Must Die Month! lol Glad you got the tv situation back in order!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

H Hits

E Errors

Maybe???????????????

🍑🍊🍑

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Oh my! What a tv saga!!!

Glad it ended happily though.

Although it took way too much "fussin' around"! >,-)

🍑🍊🍑

Happy@Home said...

That little bunny must have been a cutie.
My goodness, that is a lot of rigamarole to find a tv that worked. Glad you were finally successful.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

I love it when is is foggy outside. Everything looks different and feels different. It is all so pretty. I like to avoid any kind of furniture or appliance purchasing ordeal......but glad you found a TV.

susan q said...

i agree, hits and errors. ♥the fog pics. I have Samsung TV's. ♥them. another positive day.

ellen b. said...

Three strikes and you're off to the Wal-Mart! That's really something about all those devices going out. Glad you finally found a TV you can be happy with.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I’m glad you got the tv problems solved. The foggy scenes are lovely, but when it looks like that at my place, recently, it is all smoke and that is not nice.