Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, July 19, 2021

A foggy walk, a drive, and another walk

 My walk started out foggy this morning and it was 57 degrees.
A few foggy pictures.






Didn't see anyone else out walking but I left for home a bit earlier
then I usually do.

Walked around both cemeteries and the ball park and a little 
around town. 

Had to cut my walk a bit short and walked 4.5 miles
because we had to leave to drive down to Columbia, MD 
for a doctors appointment.
Ken had to check in with his cardiologist.
Just a check up and all is very good!

While he was at his appointment I went for a little walk
and got the other 1.5. miles walked.


When we drive there I usually knit a wash/dish cloth and got another
one knitted today.

Didn't have much time for anything else.
Nice to get back home to 79 degree instead of the 92 it was there.

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you. 🙂
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

22 comments:

Michelle said...

Glad you were able to get in a good walk. It has been many years since I was in Columbia, MD. Hope your hubby had a good appointment.

Lowcarb team member said...

I enjoyed seeing all of your photographs.
Pleased that Kens appointment with the cardiologist went well.

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

79 degrees sounds so good right now! Glad everything was good at the check-up.

Tom said...

...no fog here, but I'm glad to enjoy yours!

Granny Marigold said...

Fog makes for great pictures especially if a cemetery is also involved.
Good to know Ken's appointment went well.

Martha said...

Love the fog photos. Is that the corn field in the last one? So glad Ken's appointment with the cardiologist was all good and glad you were able to finish your walk while you waited. Have a great evening. :)

susan q said...

♥the fog pics. Keep up the good work Ken! Another great day for you, Karen. Enjoyed reading about your time in Scotland.

Debi said...

I love your foggy morning photos. Glad all went will with Ken's appointment.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The fog makes the area look so different, yet beautiful .

Hootin Anni said...

Foggy mornings...wow, a favorite way to begin the day ... I love the quiet that surrounds you with fog. The trail at the cardiologist office is pretty too.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It's been a while since you found any coins.

God bless.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Very atmospheric photos Karen - I like the Geese In The Mist. Best Wishes.KEV.

eileeninmd said...

Lovely scenes and photos. I hope Ken had a good checkup with the doc.
Take care, have a happy day!

Kim said...

Good morning! Fog adds such an eerie look to things. Beautiful pics of your walks. Glad to hear your hubby is doing well. What a difference in the temperatures! Nice to live where it's cooler. Take care.

R's Rue said...

Fog adds such beauty to nature’s scapes. Thank you for sharing the beauty you find each day.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Oh I love all that fog... Dragon's Breath...

So good to get back home, to more reasonable temps.

Best part, is good check up!!!!!!!

Gentle hugs,
✨🌸✨🌸✨

Aritha V. said...

Thanks for the nice fog photos.

Bill said...

Love your fog photos. Glad to hear Ken had a good checkup.

NanaDiana said...

That was a cool start to a summer morning! Love the foggy pictures though. We used to live close to the lake and I loved the sound of the fog horn on mornings like that. xo Diana

Jeanette said...

I love walking in fog! I'm glad all went well with Ken's appointment.

William Kendall said...

I love fog photos.

Retired Knitter said...

I love fog. And walking in it. Looks like you were at the Columbia Medical Campus!! I was there yesterday.