Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, July 05, 2021

Lunch by the lake

 
Happy Monday!
We had a nice 4TH of July.  David and Liz came over and we had a BBQ and ate outside on the deck.
Had hamburgers, hot dogs, French fries and macaroni salad.
I made some festive cupcakes.
We sat out back on the deck talking and laughing till dark.  The deer even stopped by for a while and weren't even bothered that we were there.

It was 61 degrees this morning when I left for my walk.  A bit foggy on the drive to town, but the fog soon gave way to a mix of sunshine and clouds and it was calm.

Walked all around town, both cemeteries, and the ball park.

Joy was out walking again and she hasn't missed a day in quite a while now.  Nice to see her out there every morning.

Quite a few rabbits scattered all over town - lost count of how many I saw.

Some of the flowers I saw while walking around town.


Walked 6.3 miles

☁️    🌀    🚢‍♀️

Got the usual Monday house chores done this morning.

We took lunch with us and went to the lake and parked
and ate lunch looking out over the water.
Stayed for a while watching the boats go by.
Lots of boats out on the lake making little waves from the wakes 
and it was nice to hear the waves breaking on the shore.



At home this afternoon we puttered about the yard.
My little garden isn't doing well at all.
The blooms start and then they just fall off.
Looked up why and said that happens when the plant is stressed.
Extreme up and down temperatures
Too much water
Too little water
It is probably the temperatures and too much water.

That's it for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳 happyone ❤️
πŸ˜€

Comment Replies:
Deb - I bake chocolate chippers for Bible Time which is just once a year.  Throughout the year will bake the cookies about every 2 months for Sunday School.  It is not just me but many volunteers.

Jeanette - I save the coins I find on my walks in old glass banks.  To date I have found $257.03.







23 comments:

Tom said...

...I love those daylilies. We Went to a park to take pictures, their daylilies were starting. THey should be better in a week or two. My vegetable garden is finally growing, but the rabbits are eating like crazy!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wow, you have found quite a bit of money out walking. Sounds like you had a really nice 4th of July with David and Liz. Hope you enjoy the rest of the week.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Perfect 4th of July, and lovely lunch today!!!

Yes, probably too much rain, for your garden. Too bad...

We only have flowers and they are doing fine. And our family's garden next door, is doing well too. Maybe less rain? Or more sun? Who knows.....

Oh wow, all the coins! I do remember that you have been collecting them, on your walks for a long time.

πŸ‘πŸ’›πŸ‘

Martha said...

I'm so glad you had a nice 4th of July and a good day today. Now I have to ask a question form the comment reply section. How long have you been saving the money you find on your walks? It's sure not an insignificant amount!

Debi said...

Glad you had an enjoyable 4th. Your walks have certainly been profitable! I'm sorry about your garden. It's hard to see them struggle when we put so much time and love into them. Have a great week!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Lovely pictures. It seems this has been a strange year all around. i had only a few plants and two I have already tossed out. They were burned to a crisp. The others are just barely hanging on.

Hill Top Post said...

You have to be a great inspiration to others to get out and walk. There is nothing like eating out…out on the lake that is.

Hootin Anni said...

Beautiful flowers. Like you, I stop occasionally to take photos. Your 4thget together sounds perfect - good food, great company!
Love the picnic by the lake

KEV. Robertson. said...

Karen- You have more money in those jars than I have in the Bank! LOL.

William Kendall said...

The fog is a lovely touch.

Veronica Lee said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed your 4th of July.

Love the fabulous photos.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Hey, I have that bear shaped jar. I think it contained honey.

God bless.

Lisa said...

Eating by the water sounds nice. I also enjoy watching boats and listening to the ripples of waves.
Lisa

Happy@Home said...

Such a pretty collage you have made with the flowers from your walk.
I like your idea for lunch by the lake. It's nice to change up the scenery every so often.
How disappointing that your garden is struggling. Problem solving seems to be a large part of gardening. I hope it sorts itself out soon so that you can enjoy the fruits of your labor.
Wow, that's an impressive coin collection!

Jeanette said...

Sounds like you had a nice 4th! My husband and I have frequently taken lunch to the closest lake or river to just enjoy being outside by water! There is not a much more soothing sound to me than waves breaking on the shore.

Vee said...

Your time by the lake sounded so pleasant. I'm glad that you had a nice 4th with David and Liz enjoying the day with you on the deck.

I feel for you with the garden not doing well. All my roses are snapped off...deer...you have deer in your yard. Perhaps they are enjoying a salad.

Bill said...

The flowers are very pretty. Those coins do add up, nice savings.

Granny Marigold said...

It's frustrating when the blooms fall off almost right away. Most people can grow Zucchini and when I've tried that is exactly what happened. The flowers fell off too soon and I got absolutely no Zucchini.
I made festive cupcakes for Canada Day. I found tiny plastic Canadian flags to stick on top.

R's Rue said...

I always love seeing your photos. They bring a smile to my face. I’m glad you had a beautiful 4th.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

susan q said...

love this format today Karen especially the flowers and fog. A very relaxing time with your family and lunch at the lake.

ellen b. said...

That's a fun way to keep all the money you've found. It sounds like you had a very enjoyable 4th of July celebration.

Lowcarb team member said...

Your 4th of July with David and Liz sounds good.
The flowers you've shared do look colourful.

All the best Jan

Kim said...

I love how you share each day's doings. Sounds like your 4th was nice. Ours was noisy! Pets weren't happy, but it's not very often so we get through it. Wow to all that money you find! Impressive! Happy Tuesday!