Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, July 15, 2021

One eggplant, one pepper


Thankful for another day to enjoy a morning walk.
63 degrees, calm, and a mix of sun and clouds.
Sunrise - 6:02

Walked through town and out the other end


and over to the industrial park and walked around there.



I saw a few rabbits and a doe and her fawn.

Walking back through town I saw the woman who runs and is always
 focused on her running and SEEMS unfriendly.
Today when we passed I not only said good morning but stopped
and started talking to her.
She is so nice and we must have stood on the side of the
road talking for a good 10 minutes.
Her name is Shiela.

Rebecca was out walking Leo again too.

Never made it to the cemeteries or ball park - ran out of miles.

Walked 6 miles


๐ŸŒค    ๐Ÿšถ‍♀️    ๐Ÿ˜€

Finished sewing up the baby blanket for July.

Sitting on the porch I noticed a wasp nest high up in a tree.


I've mentioned a few times that my garden has not done well.
There is only one eggplant and one pepper that has made it past
the blossom stage.
Maybe they are just late bloomers and now with it staying warmer
more will grow.
The daisies out front are doing fine.
These I took with me when we moved here from town.


We made fish and chips for supper.
Ate them with just salt and vinegar like we remember 
eating them when we lived in Scotland.

That's all for today.
Hope your day was a good one.
Thanks for stopping by.
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Ms BB - Most of the corn grown around here is for feed.  Farmer Bill who has a farm on the farm loop is the only one I know of who grows sweet corn.

18 comments:

Tom said...

...you are doing well, my eggplants are being eaten by rabbits and insects. I have a few pepper forming and a musk melon. Some people are the way that they first appear! Be careful of that wasp nest.

Martha said...

That first photo is so gorgeous! I'm glad you stopped to talk to Sheila today. Sounds like maybe she is just very serious about her running normally. Be careful with that big wasps nest up there! Fish and chips sure sounds good, and I never knew you lived in Scotland. I would love to hear more about that sometime. Have a great evening. :)

ellen b. said...

That is quite the wasp nest. We find smaller ones here and there on the house and garage and deal with them in the early hours. How nice to meet the runner and have some conversation. Fish and chips sound good. We enjoyed them in Great Britain. Some places here have decent ones, too. Happy middle of July to you!

William Kendall said...

Beautiful sky in that first shot

Unknown said...

Some people are shy and won't initiate a conversation but when you get to know them you find out they are nice and not unfriendly at all. That's probably the case with Sheila. Plus, she's running and she's focusing on that.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Glad you met a new friend along your walk today Karen. Eggplants are delicious. Stay well there and enjoy the Summer- as long as it does not get to hot. Regards. KEV.

Hootin Anni said...

Sorghum crops here for livestock.
Pretty daisies.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Och Aye ... fish n chips with broon sauce, ye ken! With a haggis slice too maybe!

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Your sunrise photo is lovely.
Our plants our being eaten by the deer, rabbits and groundhogs.
The fish and chips sound great.
I have noticed lots of people who are running do not like to stop to talk.
Take care, have a happy weekend!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Although I have never lived in Scotland, I love fish and chips. We can't get good fish and chips around here, at least I haven't found a place that does them well. I am glad that you finally met Shiela and found out that she is friendly after all! I love those Daisies. So glad you brought them with you when you moved from your old house. I hope your weekend goes well. See you again soon!

John's Island said...

Enjoyed all the photos. That wasp nest looks serious! :-) Thank you for recent comments on my blog. Your mention that you didn’t like cruising set me back a bit but then I thought about it a while and realized, why should I expect others to like the same things I do. :-) Have a happy day!

Vee said...

So Sheila only seemed to be unfriendly. That's good and I am glad that you both had a nice conversation. You gather friends well. I am so glad that you took those daisies. When I see a drift of daisies, I think of you.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Nice to make a new early morning buddy!

Oh my, my son/daughter in law's eggplants are doing quite wonderfully. And we had delicious lettuce from their garden too.

Do yours, get enough sun?

Do your daisies out front, get more sun?

๐ŸŒบ ๐Ÿ’– ๐ŸŒบ

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Perhaps you could plant eggplants, among your daisies.....

>,-))))))

๐ŸŒบ ๐Ÿ’– ๐ŸŒบ

Beside a babbling brook... said...

You lived in Scotland????

I don't remember this! -smile-

Was your husband stationed there?

๐ŸŒบ ๐Ÿ’– ๐ŸŒบ

Bill said...

I'm not a fan of wasps, they make me nervous.

Granny Marigold said...

I don't think I knew that you once lived in Scotland. I find that so interesting.
Too bad your garden isn't producing much. Mine isn't either. Even my lettuce didn't do well and I kept it watered.

Lowcarb team member said...

Your first photograph is so lovely, and I like the daisies.
Be careful with that wasps nest!

All the best Jan