Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, July 17, 2021

A birthday

 It was a cloudy walk for me this morning.
The temperature was 68 degrees and calm.
Had a few rain sprinkles during walking but not enough to get me wet,
just kept me cool.

A random walk all over town, the cemeteries, and ball park.

Can you spot the horse in all these tall weeds?
He's almost hidden.



The Drane house garden seems to be doing well.


Both Joy and Rebecca were out walking this morning.
Always nice to see other walkers out there. 😀

Walked 6 miles
Found a penny

☁️    🚶‍♀️    💰    😃

Basic chores got done and then just enjoyed the rest of the day.
Walked around outside
Read
Knitted
Sat out on the porch

🎈 Today is David's birthday. 🎈
That's who we made the cake for yesterday.
He and Liz came over after work for supper and cake. 🎂
His favorite meal is Tuna Casserole so that's what I made.
(actually I make it with canned chicken)
It has been many years since we've been together on his birthday
and it was REALLY NICE!!

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you. 🙂
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

19 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Happy birthday! Your celebratory meal sounds delicious. Yes, I see the horse by the bushes.

ellen b. said...

Ahh...that's nice. So glad you could celebrate David's birthday in person. Happy Birthday to David. That first photo is nice and I see the horse!

Henny Penny said...

Happy Birthday to David! Glad you could be with him. I see the horse...I think it's the horse. :) Those sure are pretty weeds. Just looked back at your last post...the cows visiting your back yard. I love that stone bridge.

Vee said...

Happy Birthday to David🎈 It is a special joy to bake a child's birthday cake. I like your substitution for the tuna. Sounds delicious.

Tom said...

...the first image of the fence and beyond is a delight. I found the horse when I enlarged it. We wake to rain and it rained all day, got close to 3 inches! Tuna casserole is a comfort food from when I was a kid!

Martha said...

I'm glad you had a nice walk, and there is nothing better than spending a birthday with family. Happy birthday to David! My son has a birthday this coming week too, I can't wait for us all to be together for an evening again. Have a blessed Sunday my friend.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Happy Birthday to David! I am glad that you all had a nice time. It is so wonderful that your were all together on his special day. Hope your Sunday is a good one. :-)

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Happy Birthday David.

Is the horse small or the vegetation big?

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Happy birthday to David!
I found the horse in the field.
Take care, have a happy day! Wishing you a great new week ahead.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Glad your Son David enjoyed his Birthday with you, Liz and Ken- great to have the Family to-gether. Regards. KEV.

Inger said...

Yes, I could spot the horse and it made me feel sorry for the horses around here with mostly dirt to nibble on between feedings. It looks so green and lovely there. Rain is so important. Today, thunderstorm clouds are surrounding our mountains and Red Flag warnings are issued due to fear of dry lightning.

Inger said...

And of course Happy Birthday to David. So glad you could celebrate together.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Lovely that you could all be together on his Birthday.

So I take it, they moved there, within the last year...

I just read a post, about "Designer Cakes" or some such. Birthday cakes which are on a theme and cost *an arm and a leg*!!!!! Eeeeeeek! I do hope such, do not become too wide spread! LOL

Gentle hugs,
🌸✨🌸✨🌸

Bill said...

It took a few seconds before I saw the horse. The Drane House garden looks great!

Granny Marigold said...

Happy birthday to your son. It makes me smile that one of his fav meals is tuna casserole. My granddaughter recently turned 18 and that's the meal she also chose for her birthday supper.
The weeds in the first picture are so tall I had to enlarge the photo to see the horse.

William Kendall said...

Happy birthday to David.

Lowcarb team member said...

So nice to be together.
Happy birthday to David.

All the best Jan

Jeanette said...

Happy belated Birthday to your son! I must chicken in a tuna casserole recipe some time!

Kim said...

Happy birthday to your son! Glad you got to be together. I love tuna casserole. And that horse is definitely well hidden!