Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, June 01, 2021

Pretty flowers along my walk

 A nice sunny walk with a temperature of 48 degrees.

Walked around the cemeteries, the ball park and around town.

Just 2 bulls out this morning.
Looks like a fresh bale of hay was just put out there.
(Not sure if it is hay or straw that they eat, will have to ask Farmer
Marvin next time I talk to him.)


No one else out walking this morning that I saw.

Some flowers along my walk today.
Never saw a two toned purple and yellow iris before but they sure are pretty.


A rhododendron bush. 
Looks more pink in the picture but it was a deep red.


Don't know what these pretty little purple flowers are.


Added another glove to the posts down along the main road.
This one makes 5 that I've put there so far this time.


Walked 6 miles
Found a penny - it has been quite a long time since the last penny I found.

☀️     πŸšΆ‍♀️    🌸

After a French toast breakfast we make the weekly trip 
to the Shop and Save for grocery shopping.

After lunch we went out again.
This time to Uniontown to Home Depot.
Ken needed some things that he couldn't get at the lumber yard
here in town or Lowe's.
It was a nice day for a ride so we enjoyed the ride there.
I bought a flower pot filled with red geraniums to put out front.

That pretty much took up my day.
Only work I did today was a load of laundry.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Hope your Tuesday was a good one.
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳 happyone ❤️
πŸ™‚

Comment Replies:
Dot - Thanks so much for the kind words.  
GrannyM - I learned how to drive on a 65 Pontiac Bonneville (my father's car) and did parallel park it!!
I'll have to dig a picture of it out.  

15 comments:

Tom said...

...those German Iris are gorgeous. Your purple flower is a Spiderwort.
https://www.thespruce.com/how-to-grow-spiderwort-4125563
The glove looks like it's waving!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Love those little purple flowers..... Ahhhhh, your Commenter says they are Spiderwort!!! Will have to use his link, and read about them.

I take it, you find these gloves along the way......

A day of only laundry 'home work,' is a delight, now and then! Or... Often!!!!! >,-)))

Gentle hugs
πŸŽ€πŸ’›πŸŽ€

Kim said...

Hi, I am new to your blog. Lovely pictures! You walk 6 miles, wow! That's a lot! I love the glove placement. No doubt, it puts a smile on the faces who see it! Take care.

ellen b. said...

Irises are blooming here, too. Gloves again! We are in the 90's today...yikes! That's hot for Spring!

William Kendall said...

French toast is always good.

As I recall hay is what livestock eat, while straw is for bedding down in barns.

Deb J. in Utah said...

The two0toned iris are very pretty. Ken sounds like Charly in that sometimes Charly can only find what he needs at Home Depot. Needless to say, we are there probably once a week. Glad you had another good day. Hope you had a nice birthday, yesterday!

Vee said...

Those irises are gorgeous. I used to have spiderwort in my garden. It's not there anymore.

Nine hundred miles is very impressive!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love those irises. Years ago, my favorite auntie had that kind in her garden.

Martha said...

Sounds like a very nice day. Those purple and yellow iris flowers are so beautiful. Just wondering, are all the other gloves you've left still there? Have a great evening!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

A penny and a glove.

Are you sure it is not spaghetti those bulls are eating?

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I always enjoy seeing the cows! The Flowers are beautiful, I love the Iris. We have some Spiderwort growing in our yard too. Take care, enjoy your day!

Hootin Anni said...

Livestock, to my knowledge are fed hay, not straw. Love the Iris. I'm partial to that color combination...school colors for me.

Bill said...

Another glove morning, it's been awhile. The bull is wondering if you have something for him. :)

Granny Marigold said...

The yellow and purple Iris is so beautiful. I see someone has already identified the Spiderwort. Mine is blooming and after it's done I'll have to take out at least half of the plant because it has grown way too big.
I imagine that pot filled with red Geraniums will look very nice in front of your home.

Lowcarb team member said...

Beautiful colour flowers.

All the best Jan