Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, June 02, 2021

Around town

 54 degrees and cloudy this morning when I walked.
Walked around the cemeteries, ball park and all over town.

A couple of pictures in town.



Tractor in one of the fields by the cemetery at the top of the hill.


The path behind the ball park has turned green.


Saw the woman walking again this morning and figured
we passed each other enough times now for me to meet her,
so I stopped and introduced myself.
She is very nice and her name is Joy.
She lives in town just up from the library.
Nice to meet another walker around town.

Farmer Marvin was out by the bulls and I asked him about the hay.
William and Anni were right in that the bulls eat hay.  Farmer Marvin
said the bulls also get grain to eat.

Just as I got back in the Jeep to drive home it starting to rain.
Perfect timing!!!

Walked 6 miles

☁️    🚶‍♀️    ☁️    🙂

Since I haven't done much house work this week yet
today was a work day.
The main thing I got done was a thorough cleaning of the laundry room 
and the half bath.
Then continued with some vacuuming.
Finally I got to stop cleaning and do a bit of reading.

Since we started back going to church in person on Sunday
we will start going to the Wed evening service too.
We are off to go there in just a few minutes.

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️
🙂

Comment Replies:
Tom - Thanks for identifying the plants on yesterdays post.  I knew I could count on you to let me know. 😀

Ms BB - Yes, I put the gloves on the posts that I find along my walk.

Martha - The gloves I put on the posts usually stay for a while.  One time 12 of them stayed for quite a while and then one day they were all just gone.  Another time they were gone after only 2.  5 so far this time - maybe I'll beat the record this time.

15 comments:

William Kendall said...

A lot of work for the farmers to do right now.

Martha said...

Enjoy the service this evening. It looks like another great walk today. Glad to hear you met a new walking friend. I'm still amazed that you do six miles a day, that's a lot! How long does it usually take you? I've done six on occasion but my usual daily walks are only two miles. I hope you'll beat the record on the gloves this time. :)

Tom said...

...I. love the image with the church!

ellen b. said...

Enjoy your evening service. Glad you could meet up with Joy. Good timing on beating that rain! Happy June!

Ruth Hiebert said...

The views from in town look much like my town used to look. We have grown enough to be called a city.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Sounds like you had a very productive day. So glad you can go back to both of your weekly church service in person. See you again soon.

Unknown said...

That's nice that you stop and introduce yourself to other walkers. Where we walk we're lucky if we get a "hi" from other walkers. We walk 3 laps which comes to 3 miles. I gave our laundry room a thorough cleaning a couple of weeks ago. I de-cluttered some too. It looks so nice now. Husband takes care of the vacuuming.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Thanx about the bull info.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Pretty views of the town! It was nice you met the new walker. Sounds like a busy day, walking, cleaning and the night time service. It is raining here today, I guess it will make the plants happy. Have a happy day and a great weekend!

Hill Top Post said...

Oh, there's that beautiful church! What a great picture. These early days of June are so perfect for a long walk. Joy sounds like a good walking friend.

R's Rue said...

Lovely

Bill said...

That's a nice path behind the ball park.

Kim said...

How lovely to meet another walker. I hope you get to be friends! Such a nice walk. Looks very inviting! Hope you have a good Thursday!

Henny Penny said...

The church at the top of the hill is so pretty. I love the green path too. I've meant to do housework every day this week, especially clean the bathrooms but then get wrapped up in something outside and forget about it. Need to buckle down. :)

Lowcarb team member said...

"Just as I got back in the Jeep to drive home it starting to rain."
That certainly was "Perfect timing!!!"

All the best Jan