Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, May 31, 2021

Saw the deer again. πŸ˜€


πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ    πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ    πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ 

44 degrees this morning and cloudy when I walked.

Walked around both cemeteries and the ball park.
Flags were put by all the graves of all the Veterans.
The orange flags are those who served in the town Volunteer Fire Dept.



Went to the industrial park and walked around there too.
Took this picture in front of one of the buildings.


Walking back to the Jeep passed by the town Memorial.


The first part of my walk it was like a ghost town didn't see a soul
for the first 5 miles.
Then I saw Rebecca walking Leo.
George, a man from town, driving by stopped to say hello.

Walked 6 miles

I saw that deer driving to town again.
AND you thought I was kidding. πŸ˜ƒ  πŸ˜ƒ


☁️    🚢‍♀️    ☁️

I took a chance on the weather and washed the sheets.
Paid off because mid morning the sun came out
and it ended up being a beautiful sunny day though it
did stay on the cool side.

Don't seem to be having any luck finding cucumber plants anywhere,
so I bought a package of seeds and planted them outside this afternoon.
Walked around and did a bit of weeding here and there
and planted a couple more marigolds.

We had chicken quesadillas for supper.
Another favorite of mine.
I seem to have a lot of favorite meals!

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳 happyone ❤️
πŸ™‚

17 comments:

William Kendall said...

Fitting for Memorial Day.

Connie said...

I love how your town honors it's veterans.
Every time I read that you are hanging out sheets, it reminds me to get my new line out. My old line rotted and I bought a new one, just keep forgetting to put it out. I have to go up a ladder, so I need someone here. That was a promise that I made to Steve, he didn't want me climbing ladders unless someone else was here with me. He was always concerned for my safety and well being.

Martha said...

That first photo is a very cool shot, and your deer driving to town cracked me up! Glad you had a nice sunny day, and hope your cucumber seeds do well. Here's to a great week! :)

Tom said...

...the shot of the flag is impressive and thanks for the laugh.

Vee said...

By golly! Yes, you did see that deer again.

You would not believe what the Veterans' Circle looks like here. 🀦🏻‍♀️ So embarrassing.

Unknown said...

That deer driving that car. Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!! So funny! He has a pretty snazzy car. I love quesadillas. Hopefully you had a piece of that delicious cake your hubby made you for your birthday for dessert.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The memorial is pretty, I love seeing all the flags.
The deer photo is cute. Take care, enjoy your day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

A great post today. Thanx.

God bless.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen - we have similar tastes. Quesadillas are always good for me! Glad you had a nice Memorial Day. I am so glad you got to see your grandchild graduate from high school! Have a good week and I will see you again soon.

Jeanette said...

Ha ha! Very cute picture of the deer driving! Quesadillas are one of my favorite meals too. I like just cheese and spinach in mine!

Happy@Home said...

The driving deer made me laugh. Somebody has a good sense of humor.
Lovely to see how the veterans are honored in your town.
Belated birthday greetings. I hope your day was wonderful.

Bill said...

Beautiful shot of the flag on the pole. Funny deer made me laugh!

Hill Top Post said...

A beautiful post for such a special day! Dan just finished with my new clothes line...fancy with metal posts set in the ground in concrete. I had been hanging clothes on an old temporary one for 16 years!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Great flag picture...

Your cemeteries are beautifully decorated with flags...

Gentle hugs,
πŸŽ€πŸ’›πŸŽ€

dot said...

Love the deer driving! We should never doubt what you see on your walks after that. I don't comment often but I really enjoy your pictures. The one of the daisies in your old yard is gorgeous. I love your molasses cookie recipe too! Keep walking and snapping. You light up the lives of many.

ellen b. said...

I am smiling about your favorite meals! That deer better have a license!

Granny Marigold said...

I like that deer driving into town. I like the car it's driving too but I'd sure hate having to parallel park it.