Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Another Glove

 A rainy morning walk today with a temperature of 55 degrees.
Started with just a few gentle sprinkles and didn't even need
my umbrella.  Did bring it but left it in the Jeep.


The last couple of miles it started raining harder and then I
went back to the Jeep and got the umbrella.


Walked first to the library to drop off a DVD.
Finished up the series of Wings.
We enjoyed the series but the last season was pretty bad.
Seemed like they just ran out of story ideas so 
it was a good time to end it!!

Found glove number 7 and walked down the main road to
add it to a post.


 Continued walking around town and the ball park loop,
and ended with walking around the cemetery up the hill.

Didn't see anyone else out.
It's really quite nice walking in the rain once in a while.

Walked 6 miles

🌧    ☔️    🙂   

Off to the Shop and Save we went after breakfast to pick
up groceries for the week.  

Spent the rest of the day around the house.
Got a bit more cleaning done and changed a few more things around.
Straightened up a couple of book shelves and moved all the books
I haven't read yet to one place.

These are the colors of the weave-its I'm making for July's baby blanket.


Did a bit of reading too.
Rained during the morning but by lunch time it stopped
and even saw a little bit of sun.
Stayed cool though in the 50's.

That's all for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hope you Tuesday was a good one.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

It's TUESDAY! And since itsCHOOSEDAY: 
Choose to Smile. 
Choose to be Happy. 
Choose to Love. 
Choose to Bless. 
Choose to be a Blessing. 
Choose to be Humble. 
Choose to be Patient. 
Choose to be Kind...and above all. 
Choose God to guide your Life. 
HAPPY TUESDAY!
- unknown -

Comment Replies:
Kim - I'm sure the Rolling Pin will do great in their new spot.  They just had a little store in town and did great and that is why they moved to a bigger place.
No, didn't eat any cookies but did eat some cookie dough. 😀

17 comments:

Tom said...

...a rain makes everything look so fresh. Seven gloves, that's amazing.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Walking in the rain does sound like fun. I enjoy a good rain and even a thunderstorm.

Martha said...

Sounds like a nice day to me. I have to wonder where the gloves come from, but love that you put them on the posts to wave to everyone who passes by. :)

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I love that poem at the end. I am glad you got a nice rain storm. I sure wish we could get some rain out here. We are so severely dry. I recently rearranged my books as well. Are you still listing the books you read in your blog? I always enjoy getting ideas for what to read so from time to time I look and see what is on your list. I love how you put the gloves out there to wave to those on the road. Have a good evening and I will see you again tomorrow.

William Kendall said...

I got caught outside yesterday in rain and got pretty soaked.

Hill Top Post said...

A 50 degree walk really is the best. You have chosen great colors for July’s blanket. Rainy day pictures are my favorites.

Unknown said...

Wow I can't believe it's June and you're only in the 50's. We were in the high 90's. I would trade temps with you in a minute. Luckily it's going to cool down this weekend to the 80's with rain all three days. I can't wait.

Hootin Anni said...

I just read a bit of "new news" about raw dough & flour being bad. But, still I too will eat raw dough.
Love the rainy day photos.

eileeninmd said...

We had a rainy day, I am glad the plants are being watered naturally. Your rainy day scenes and photos are great. It is funny someone is putting the gloves there, maybe they read your blog and see the photos. Take care, have a happy day!

Bill said...

You're averaging about 1 glove per month. :) It's raining here pretty hard right now. Enjoy your day.

R's Rue said...

I love keeping up with your adventures. Well done on 6 miles. Have a beautiful day.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Why do people lose so many gloves? Is it an octopus perhaps, and you'll soon find the eight glove? Have you ever found a different item of clothing? A sock? Or hat? Or ... ... ...

God bless.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Have any gloves been picked up?

Kim said...

What a lovely thing to walk in the rain. Smells so good. Sounds like another good day for you! Looking forward to seeing what you do with those squares. And glad to hear that The Rolling Pin is so successful. Hope they don't get too big. That always seems to ruin things. Love old-fashioned stores. So cozy. Happy Wednesday!

Lowcarb team member said...

We've had rain these past few days, it does leave things looking that bit fresher.
You've done well on the glove findings!

All the best Jan

Granny Marigold said...

We're having hot weather so the idea of walking in a gentle rain sounds delightful. Good thing you had remembered to bring an umbrella for when the rain got heavier.

ellen b. said...

We could use some rain here but that's not happening any time soon. I like your new baby blanket colors.