Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, June 21, 2021

Farm Loop Walk and The Rolling Pin


66 degrees this morning with a mix of sun and clouds and at times windy.
Nice to have the clouds and wind to keep things cool.

Walked the Farm Loop this morning.
Busy along the farms - TWO cars passed by me.  😀

A couple of pictures along the way.



Once I got back to town, I walked around the lower cemetery
and a little around town.

The Rolling Pin Bakery is now open at the new location where
Annies' used to be.
They've kept Annie's Big Chair and put it by the outside eating area.


Didn't see any people walking around today.
Saw a couple of chipmunks run across the road.
Boy they can really move!!

Walked 6 miles

🌤    🚶‍♀️    🙂    🌸

Baked another 5 dozen chocolate chippers for Bible Time which
is coming up in three weeks.
This makes 15 dozen with another 5 to go.
Glad they freeze well so I can make them ahead of time.

Sheets dried super fast hanging out on the line today.
Sun and wind is quicker than a clothes dryer!

Mid afternoon, it got DARK and a thunder storm rolled on by.
Afterwards the sun came back out again.

Did a bit of house work and then read.
Supper was baked ziti.

Looks like another thunderstorm is about to come though.
In fact I think I just heard thunder.

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Monday to you.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

🙂

18 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

I would loved to hear some thunder and have a gentle rain come!

Beautiful country walks, as always. Boy, that's a lot of baking!

Martha said...

Two whole cars passed by today, it really was a busy day on the roads! Beautiful photos as always. Glad you didn't have to bake all those cookies all at once. Happy Monday to you too. :)

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Two cars on the farm route - that's a real traffic jam. ;-) Glad you had another good day. Those chocolate chippers always sound so good.

Tom said...

...I love the road going "up and over!" those wrapped hay bales are everywhere here. I wish that I had invented them.

Lowcarb team member said...

Those first two photographs are lovely, beautiful scenes.
You've certainly been busy with your baking ... well done.

All the best Jan

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Baking chocolate chip cookies makes your house smell so good. I baked my hubby chocolate cupcakes yesterday. Love seeing those pastures and imagining walking along with you! Hugs!

Hill Top Post said...

I do enjoy OUR walk around the farm loop. It does look like busy times for the farmers. We also had a bit of rain and thunder today. It is so pleasantly cool this evening.

ellen b. said...

Chuckling about your morning traffic! I think that's a great name for a bakery/cafe! We are welcoming summer here with temps in the 90's and will rise to triple digits later this week. Yikes! So happy we have air conditioning.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The Rolling Pin looks inviting.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Pretty views from your walk. The Rolling Pin is a nice name for the new bakery.
We had a couple of thunderstorms last night. I think they brought in some cooler weather with the storms. Take care, enjoy your day!

Inger said...

Great name for a bakery. As always it was fun to see pictures from your walk and read about your day. Don't you love sheets hanging on the lines? I hang mine too and it's such a comforting, old-fashioned feeling for me. You just inspired my picture for Wordless Wednesday tomorrow. Now I just have to find it.

Lisa said...

We have been having some hot sunny days with thunderstorms in the afternoons too. I love them though.
The cookies sound great!
Lisa

Bill said...

Glad to hear the rolling Pin is up and running again. Love the big chair, good for photo opps.

Kim said...

Beautiful walk pics! I'd love to visit The Rolling Pin. I hope they do well and have great success. GO YOU on making all those cookies, wow! I hope you enjoyed a couple yourself.🍪🍪 Take care!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

My compute* will print the lette*, only randomly.
But I have read here, today.
😏 💻 😏 💻 😏 💻 😏 💻 😏

Jeanette said...

That is a clever name for a bakery!

Granny Marigold said...

That third photo, the one where the country road winds through green grass and trees is lovely. It is a great picture.

William Kendall said...

A good bakery is welcome.