Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, June 04, 2021

A longer walk

 Another cloudy morning and the temperature was 58 degrees.
It looked like rain so I took my umbrella along with me.
Never did rain though so didn't need it.

Drove to town but today I walked around the Farm Loop.


A chicken came walking out the door as I passed by.



I pass by another cemetery walking the FL, just a little one by the side
of a church.


I've read the gravestones along the edge walking by but until today never
actually went in the cemetery to look around.

The oldest gravestone I found was 1868 which was an infant born
and died in the same year.

In this picture I'm looking to town where I was just walking before.
The big white building is in the industrial park and in between
the main road the farm loop.


Once back in town I walked around the ball park and the 
cemetery on top of the hill.
There I saw a young woman walking who I've never seen before.
If she keeps walking I'm sure we will stop and talk one day.

The first 4.5 miles I walked was around the Farm Loop and
then walked an additional 2.5 miles for a 
total of 7 miles.  

☁️    🚶‍♀️    🙂

While walking I thought about breakfast and decided what I'd
like was pancakes.
Ken thought that was a good idea too so we had
chocolate chip ones. 
(mini chips)

Still seemed like rain after breakfast so hung the laundry
on my drying rack inside.
Mid morning the sun came out so then hung the clothes outside.
Ended up being a beautiful sunny day, in the low 70's.

I baked the first batch of chocolate chip cookies for the kids
next month at church during Bible Time.
I'll be baking 20 dozen of them.
Baking them in batches so don't have to do them all at once.
Then just freeze them.
I'm not the only one baking cookies!!

Ken is still working on the shower room up at the cabin and I
walked up to the cabin through the woods to see how things are going.
Things moving along nicely but slowly.


On the way home I went down the driveway and down the lane
back to the house.



And that's been my Friday.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
 👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️
🙂
Comment Replies:
When I mentioned the opossum yesterday so many of you said possum.  Did you know that opossum and possum are two entirely different animals?  I didn't until I looked it up.  Opossum are found in the Americas but Possums are in Australia.
Here's a little video about both.  Opossum Vs. Possum.

20 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

"Ended up being a beautiful sunny day, in the low 70's."

The low 70's is a very nice temperature.
Sounds as if you had another good day.

All the best Jan

PS Thanks for the video link

susan q said...

♥the opossum video! interesting cemetery visit as well. looks like a great way to end the week in your neck of the woods! thanks for sharing.

William Kendall said...

That is a long walk.

Tom said...

...thanks for the video, I learned something today! It's nice to see the Dame's Rocket growing along the road. That's a sweet little lamb stone.

Vee said...

No I didn't know that possums and opossums are two different critters. I think whatever is hanging around my house looks like Gollum. .

Deb J. in Utah said...

I had wondered if possums and opossums are the same animals, so thanks for clearing that up. Hearing about your chocolate chip cookies made me hungry. Hope you have a good weekend.

Martha said...

Nice long walk today! Your weather this afternoon sounds perfect, at least that my kind of perfect. I never had a clue that possums and opossums are different, heading over to check out the video now. Have a great weekend!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Lovely pictures. Your walking areas look so good.The pancakes sound pretty yummy too.

Bettye said...

Wow! I learned something about the opossum. I never knew they were not the same critter. Interesting video. They don't even look the same. As always I love the pictures you take. Thanks for sharing.

Hootin Anni said...

Yes, I did know about the two critters. Lovely walk around town/farmland. But your photos of your property is very pretty too!!!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

A nice long walk - 7 miles.

God bless.

Bill said...

Now that sounds like a good breakfast. My wife loves chocolate chips in the mocha muffins she makes.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

How about that???? Opossums and Possums are different! I guess I call them "Possums" as a sort of *cute* way... Like calling a cat, a *kitty.*

We were supposed to have rainy thurs. and fri. but didn't. It was lovely instead. Heat to come today, Sat. But lovely in the morning, now.

I remember when you used to bake cookies, for your hairdresser. -smile-

🌺Oil rises to the top... Like Truth🌺

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I vaguely remember that there are possums and opossums. You had a nice long walk, 7 miles is a lot to me in one day. Now, I am craving some chocolate chip cookies, yum.
Have a happy weekend!

Hill Top Post said...

Town looks a long way off from the other side of the loop. What a wonderful place to stretch out your legs and go... I always feel sad when I visit the old cemeteries and see so many graves of children who died so young.

Granny Marigold said...

You had an extra long walk and a lovely one too.
I did not know about possums and opossums and I'm happy to know the difference.

Kim said...

Sounds like a lovely walk! And an extra mile! Impressive! I guess it doesn't feel like a long walk when there's so much to see. Keeps your mind distracted. Cemeteries are so fascinating. I think I'd love passing one on my walk. Would definitely have to stop and look around! Happy Saturday!

Kim said...

Just saw the note at the end about possums vs. opossums. I had no idea! So we should always say "opossum" here in the US. Thanks for the education!

ellen b. said...

Your property is so nice. It's wonderful that you can share your spaces with your son, too.

Jeanette said...

Thanks for that information about possums vs opossums! I did not know that and will call them by their correct name from here on! Beautiful area you walk in!