Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, June 05, 2021

Needs a haircut

 Beautiful weather for walking this morning.
62 degrees, sunny, and breezy.


When I opened the garage door this morning a deer was standing
not far away and ran down the driveway.
Saw a couple more deer and 3 rabbits as I was driving to town.

A walk around town, the cemeteries and the ball park.
Saw a bobolink and a few red winged black birds.

Lots of people leave flowers at the tombstones, but most
are fake.  Some are real and left in pots but there are a few
others who have planted flowers in the ground.


There are just 2 bulls left now.
2 went to farms in Virginia, 2 were moved to a pasture and will be sold
in the fall and 2 Farmer Marvin will be keeping.

The little horses came over by the fence again.  
The guy on the right could do with a haircut.


I saw Roger out walking Andy around the ball park and ran into
Rebecca two different times. Once she was walking Leo and the second
time she was alone.

Today was my usual walk of 6 miles

☀️    🌸    🌼    🙂

Finished up this weeks housework in the morning.

After lunch we went to the dump and got rid of our garbage.
Now a days the dump is just a bunch of dumpsters.
I remember when the dump was a place you could walk around
and find good stuff - back in the old days.

In the afternoon I sat out on the porch for a while and read.
Got some weave-it squares done too.
Another beautiful sunny day.

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️


Comment Replies:
Ms BB - You remembered correctly, I did bring cookies to my hairdresser - also to the dentist. 

14 comments:

Tom said...

..I remember asa boy, my father and I planted geraniums by Memorial Day on family graves. Back then it was called Decoration Day. Enjoy your Sunday Karen.

Martha said...

It looks and sounds like a perfect Saturday to me. When you mentioned the dump it really made me wonder - we are so concerned with keeping things out of landfills so why there aren't places to dump things that someone else might want, especially with so many people in need?

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What nice weather for walking. Love the early summer flowers. Enjoy your evening!

Kim said...

Sounds like a perfect day! Love that view in the first pic and the lovely flowers in the cemetery. Gorgeous! And then to have deer and rabbits skittering around near you at the start of the day is perfection. I love it when I get to catch a glimpse of our neighborhood deer. Such a wonderful surprise when it happens. Hope you have a blessed Sunday!

Hill Top Post said...

Or if Pony is letting his/her grow out like I am, a couple of scrunchies would be a big help. :~) The light in your pictures is so wonderful...what a beautiful June morning.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Beautiful horses.

God bless, Happyone.

eileeninmd said...

Nice walk, I love the horses and flowers.
My daisies are not doing well, not sure why.

Sue said...

I always enjoy walking with your, Karen, and reading your thoughts about your walks, visiting cemeteries is something I do when I can, walking around reading the tombstones I find a lot of history and a lot about the people's lives.
Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love that first picture from your walk. You have such a beautiful area to walk in. The cemetery pictures are interesting. We went to pick up the flowers we left at family graves this week. You can put flowers out, but then have to go and get them after a week or they are thrown away. I always pick mine up, because they are planted in little pots and I put them back out on my patio. Glad you had a relaxing day and got some cleaning and reading done. Hope you have a great Sunday. See you again soon.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

You have beautiful photos!

I remember when I was growing up.... My mother made bouquets, of spring flowers, and we took them to family graves. It is not a particularly jolly remembrance. And I developed a dislike for some flowers, because of it.

One does not see much mention of this, anymore.

Yes, that little horse/pony needs a hair trim!!!!!!

Like so many things, dumps have changed! And I like the British word for dump... The tip. -smile-

🌹💗🌹💗🌹💗🌹

Bill said...

A beautiful day for a beautiful walk. Nice photos too!

Granny Marigold said...

That pony definitely does need a haircut. I'm surprised it can see where it's going!!

William Kendall said...

The little horses are cute.

ellen b. said...

Great photos. I enjoy the real flowers at the gravesites. I noticed a peony bush? Cute little horses. We are getting close to having to go to the dump again. The hotter it gets the more often we need to go. Happy Sunday but for you it's almost over...