Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, May 28, 2021

The Huge Bush


 Very windy this morning when I walked.
It was 54 degrees with a mix of sun and clouds.
Saw a deer driving to town.

Walked around both of the cemeteries first


and then headed over to the ball park loop and went around that.
Roger was walking Andy there and so was the same young woman who
I've seen a few days now.  

Then back to where I started and walked down the main road through
town and then the other side of the main road.


Here is that huge rhododendron bush I was telling you about.


This picture has the house in the background to give
perspective on the size of it.


Yesterday I retired another pair of walking shoes and replaced
them with these.  Still have two more pair in stock sitting in my closet.
I kept wearing my old ones just one more day until Ken just threw
them in the garbage!!


Walked 6 miles

🌤    🚶‍♀️    🙂

By lunch time it was raining and continued raining for the rest of the day.
Again it was a nice gentle rain and great for the plants.

Finished up my weekly cleaning in the morning
which left the afternoon for puttering about the house.

That's all I've got for today.
Hope you're Friday was a happy one.
Thanks once again for stopping by and another thanks for the comments!!
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️
😃

When we truly realize that we are all alone
is when we need others the most.
- Ronald Anthon -

I would change 'others' to God!
(I've been there)  

17 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

With all your daily walking, I'm not surprised you go thru shoes!!
My gosh that bush is humongous (and beautiful)!!!

Tom said...

...the Dame's Rocket dresses up the old shed. That Rhododendron is huge and beautiful.

Martha said...

You definitely need to keep good shoes with all the walking you do. That rhododendron really is huge - beyond huge, it's ginormous! Have a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend. :)

Ruth Hiebert said...

That is a huge bush but covered in flowers like that, it sure is pretty.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. That is one big bush - and the flowers on it are beautiful. I also like the little purple flowers in the first picture. I love those kind of walking shoes you wear. The pair you sent me are my favorite ever walking/hiking shoes. I totally agree with the change you made on your quote. Hope you have a Nice Memorial Day weekend and a very Happy Birthday on Monday. See you again soon.

Unknown said...

That rhododendron bush is huge. And gorgeous. I always love your pictures. Everything is so green. And so peaceful looking. You truly live in a beautiful part of the country. You're blessed.

Aritha V. said...

Thank you for that quote. I think that I love your version the most.

Great bush. Wow.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Saw a deer driving to town.

Did he give you a lift to town? Or wave at least?

God bless.

Ruta M. said...

Birthday Greetings for Sunday. I cannot think of a nicer way to celebrate a birthday than a home cooked meal with family. Well done to David and Liz.

Vee said...

😁😁😁😁 I see that Victor and I think alike. That was a great line for a chuckle.

I have never in my life seen such a massive rhododendron. It is incredibly beautiful.

Glad someone gives your shoes the boot. How many miles did they have on them?

John's Island said...

Hi Happyone, As always I enjoyed all your photos. I can't get over how great your new header is. What a perfect shot. Thank you for sharing your blog and for visiting mine. By the way, I appreciated your encouraging comment about still doing my daily walk! Wishing you and Ken a happy Memorial Day weekend. John

Jeanette said...

I was going to make a comment about a deer driving but I see someone beat me to it! Too funny! That rhododendron is huge and absolutely gorgeous! In my dreams I could have one that size! I can't grow one to save my life!!

Bill said...

Beautiful huge Rhododendron, I love it. Victor's comment cracks me up, I figured he would address the deer driving. :)

Granny Marigold said...

I'm not surprised that you wear your walking shoes right out. The new ones look very....new. Looks like you had a lovely sunny day. I hope today is also.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful blooms.

The Furry Gnome said...

Beautiful rhododendron! Wish we'd get a long gentle rain here.

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a beautiful rhododendron bush.

All the best Jan