Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, May 27, 2021

Thursday


This morning when I started walking it was 55 degrees.
Mostly cloudy but did see the sun every so often.
Just a bit of a breeze too.

Walked through town and went over to the industrial park
and walked around there.





Walking past the ball park I saw a man running the loop,
a woman walking, and Roger walking Andy.
On the way back I saw Rebecca walking Leo
and another woman running.
5 people is quite a bit for here.

I don't often see an orange rhododendron.


Walked 6 miles

☁️    🙂    ⛅️

After breakfast today we made a trip to Walmart.
It was the first time in a year.
Also stopped in at Lowe's.
While there checked to see if they had any cucumber plants but they didn't.
Will have to go back to the nursery where we got the other veggies.

My birthday is Sunday (the real Memorial Day)
and since David and Liz will be leaving town tomorrow and won't
be here on my birthday, they came over this afternoon and took
over my kitchen to cook me a birthday dinner.
And what a dinner it was!!!
We had Caesar Salad, baked potatoes, and steak cooked to perfection.
They even washed all the dishes.
After we ate we sat around and looked at old pictures.
Had such good time!!

Thanks for stopping by.
Hope you had a happy day.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️
🙂
Comment Replies:
Martha - I'm sure covid had something to do with why I hadn't heard about Sherry.  People just haven't been around as much to just stop and talk.

Unknown - We don't go to the church in town so wouldn't have heard about Sherry from church.  Our church it 20 miles away in Oakland.

19 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Blogger seems to be having a mind of it’s own.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Happy Birthday to you, Karen. What a wonderful gift from David and Liz - to cook you a delicious dinner. That is so nice. I had trouble with uploading pictures to blogger today too. Have a great weekend.

Tom said...

...I bought a pack of cucumber seeds for 99 cents and they were up in days!

Granny Marigold said...

That was lovely of David and Liz, cooking you a delicious meal ( AND doing the dishes afterwards).
I see you had trouble with Blogger too. I hope tomorrow the problem will be fixed. I'll have to check back to see if you were able to insert those pictures.

Unknown said...

David and Liz spoiled you and the menu sounded wonderful. Steak, salad and baked potato is one of my most favorite meals. Looking at old pictures is something I love to do too. Happy birthday and many more to you on Sunday. I really missed the pictures on your blog tonight. (I always read blogs at night). You take the best pictures.

William Kendall said...

An early happy birthday to you.

You ought to be able to add in the photos anytime now. The larger problem appears to have been fixed with blogger.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Your dinner sounds great! Happy Birthday to you!
Take care, enjoy your weekend!

Vee said...

Cooler morning...the furnace is running again and I suppose it will be for the next several days.

What a perfect gift for your birthday. So thoughtful of David and Liz.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- What a co-incidence: My Birthday is on the 30th of May too- THIS Sunday! I'll be 65 years old then. Don't feel 65 though... Best Wishes.KEV.

Martha said...

Happy early birthday! Another beautiful walk. I like the stairs to nowhere and the flowers are gorgeous! So glad yo had a nice birthday dinner prepared for you. Enjoy your birthday weekend!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Those three steps should have banisters in case someone falls.

God bless.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Happy Birthday.

R's Rue said...

Happy birthday

Hootin Anni said...

Happy happy birthday Karen. Hope Sunday is as special as your birthday meal was. Steak & baked potato is one of my favorites!!

Beautiful flowers I had that photo upload challenge too. I cleaned cache & rebooted then I was able to get them on my blog.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

And what a lovely Birthday Gift!!!! Delicious and even the dishes were done!!!!

Gentle hugs...
🎂💗🎈💗🎂

Jeanette said...

Very pretty orange rhododendron! The best gift we can get from our kids is time with them! I sound like my mother now because she used to say that all the time but it's true! Sounds like a great dinner!

Connie said...

Happy Birthday, Karen!!!
I tried posting photos yesterday and couldn't, but this morning it was working again. I was afraid it was something blogger changed and that I would have to stop posting. After all my posts are mostly photos and little text.

Bill said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you had a nice prepared meal made by your son. What a nice thing to do.

Carol W. said...

Have a blessed & happy birthday! 🎂