Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Doe and her Fawn


🌸    🌼    🌷

Once again I had a nice sunny walk with a temperature of 60 degrees
this morning. 
My usual walk around town, the cemeteries and the ball park.


A walk down to the bulls and this one was busy eating breakfast.


Went over to the Drane house garden to see how it was doing.
All looked nice and tidy.
Noticed a sign was put up in the garden so went in to see what it said.


 Was I ever surprised and sad to read what it said.


I had no idea that Sherry had died!!
She was one of the first people I met in town when we moved here.
She was very involved in everything around town.
Got me going to the book club at the library.
She owned a hair salon and was my hairdresser and the best one
I ever had till she retired a few years ago.
I was just thinking of her the other day and wondering why I hadn't seen
her around.

Saw a woman I see once in a while running.
She always so concentrated on her running that we've never
stopped to chat.

Driving to town saw rabbits and deer again.

Walked 6 miles

☀️    🚶‍♀️    🙂

While I was out walking this morning Ken watched a doe and her
fawn walk around the yard.
Sure is a tiny one and not very old.
I'm wondering if it is the same one I saw the other day when
it looked like it was just born and could barely get up.  
Ken took a few pictures and this was the best one.
I'm sure we will see them again and be able to watch the little one grow up.


Worked outside pulling weeds for a while and then just walked
around a bit.
Mid afternoon it turned cloudy, the wind kicked up and we heard 
some thunder but there was just a few raindrops.

I had put chicken in the slow cooker this morning and for supper
we had Caesar Salads topped with the chicken.
This has become one of our favorite meals.

A happy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️
🙂

18 comments:

Tom said...

...Sherry was a young woman. The fawn sure is new one!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Your salad sounds really good. So sorry to hear about the death of your friend. It is always a shock when you find out someone you knew and liked has passed. I love the picture of the doe and fawn. Have a good day and I will see you again tomorrow.

Ruth Hiebert said...

It should be enjoyable to watch that fawn grow up and be around your yard.

Henny Penny said...

What a nice walk. Sorry about your friend. Such an unusual way to find out about her death. That little fawn is so cute. Hope you do get to see them again. We have a salad topped with chicken pretty often too...guess ours is more like a chef's salad. Hadn't thought about Caesar Salad. Sure sounds good.

Martha said...

I'm so sorry about your friend Sherry. I would think in such a small town you would have heard the news. I'm looking forward to watching that little fawn grow up, I bet it is the same one. Chicken Caesar salad is one of our all time favorite summer meals. :)

Nellie said...

That would have been a shock to see the sign about Sherry’s passing. Sending you special thoughts. Chicken Caesar Salad sounds perfect for this season! What a treat to see that fawn!

William Kendall said...

I'm sorry about your friend. The young deer will grow fast.

Unknown said...

That little fawn is too adorable. I'm surprised you didn't know about your hairdresser Sherry's passing being that you're active with your church.
She was still quite young. Prayers for her family.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

So sorry about your friend.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

So sorry to hearing about your friend passing.
Love the cow and the cute deer, the little fawn is adorable.
Take care, have a happy day!

KEV. Robertson. said...

This is a hard way to learn about your Friend's passing...I've had a similar experience whilst talking about old school Friends- only to be told that they've long gone. Regards. KEV.

Jeanette said...

I usually put chicken breasts in the slow cooker with Italian dressing and then eat it on a salad! It's a easy meal for the summer! I'm sorry about your friend. The doe and fawn are so cute!

Bill said...

Sorry about the loss of your friend. Maybe the fawn will be introduced to your bridge area by the parent and you can watch her when she visits. :)
Enjoy your day.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

So sorry for your, and your town's loss, with the death of this lovely woman.

What a tiny baby! -smile-

We had crock pot chicken the other day. Today is left overs and a salad. Probably center cut pork chops in BBQ sauce in crock pot, tomorrow. And freeze half of it, for another day.

Gentle hugs...
🔔 😊 🔔

susan q said...

Yes sorry about your friend. Have lost 2 friends since the pandemic. I'm not certain if pandemic related. Old reliable crockpot. ♥those irises pics. The deer and fawn will be fun to watch. Thanks for sharing!

Hootin Anni said...

Your dinner sounds delicious AND healthy to boot!!

Mama and fawn is priceless

Granny Marigold said...

That tiny fawn is so cute!!
I'm sure it was a shock to find out your friend had died. Years ago I opened our local paper to find that a friend and her husband and 2 small children had been killed in a head on collision. That really shook me up.

The Furry Gnome said...

Wonderful picture of the doe and her fawn. Sure is tiny!