Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Glove 4

Back to a sunny walk this morning.
55 degrees and calm.

Saw a couple of deer and rabbits on the drive to town.
Then had a lovely walk all around town, both cemeteries, and the ball park.

Found another glove and walked down the main road and put it on
the next post down from the other gloves.
This one makes 4 that I've put on the posts so far this time.


The wild daisies along the road side are now starting to bloom.


 Said good morning to the bulls. 


Noticed after the rain from yesterday the corn has sprouted.
Always fun to watch how fast it grows.


The rhododendron all around town have started to bloom.


There is one bush in town that is the biggest one I've ever seen.
It is still not all in bloom but will post a picture when it does.

No others out walking that I saw but there was a fisherman at the pond.

Walked 6 miles

☀️    🚢‍♀️    πŸ˜ƒ

A trip to the Shop and Save first thing after breakfast.
Some house cleaning got done today and fun stuff too.
David and Liz went for a hike and stopped by and we all sat 
on the porch for a while.

Did a little reading and knitting too.

πŸ’ I love cherries πŸ’


It was a beautiful day with lots of sunshine and cool breezes.
Perfect weather and so nice to have to windows open with
the breezes blowing through.

Happy Tuesday to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳 happyone ❤️
πŸ˜ƒ

Comment Replies:
Ms BB - I do believe you are right, the British call the dump a tip.  There are so many words that the British say that I like better than our words! πŸ˜ƒ

Nellie - Not sure who owns the house.  Heard at one time that the owner had to go in a nursing home and didn't want to sell it.  That is just a rumor though and don't know if it is true.  

14 comments:

William Kendall said...

The blossoms are lovely.

Tom said...

...I have a pair of glove that color, I bought them because they were harder to misplace! I saw corn sprouting in a field today too.

Martha said...

keep us updated on the corn, this old city girl wants to see how fast it grows. The rhododendron is so pretty, can't wait to see the big one when it blooms. Sounds like you had a lovely day! Those cherries look so good, I love them too. :)

Ruth Hiebert said...

The daisies are so pretty, and those cherries, oh yum.

Debi said...

I love the lonely gloves that you find on your walks! I love daisies and have tried to grow them for years with no success. It boggles my mind that they they grow so beautifully on the side of the road but not in my garden!

Deb J. in Utah said...

It looks like that glove is waving hello (or goodbye). I love those beautiful rhododendron bushes growing in your town. The cherries look lovely! So nice to have a visit with David and Liz. Have a good day and I will see you again soon.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The gloves are back. Lovely cherries.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I love the daisies and the cows look so cute saying good morning.
It is great your son David and Liz are living so close now for visits.
Have a happy day!

Vee said...

Oh are the cherries out? If so, I need some! πŸ’

Jeanette said...

Beautiful flowers! I'm curious to see how many gloves you get put on posts before they get taken off! I love cherries too! Natures candy!

Bill said...

I like the way the bulls are looking at you. I love cherries, they are addicting. Have a great day!

Hill Top Post said...

There's so much to like in this post. Well, cherries for one... the wild daisies, the fields of corn, and, of course, the bulls. And, the happy wave from the glove!

Happy@Home said...

That one bull looks like he is waiting for a kiss :). The rhododendrons are looking so pretty.
I love cherries too and those have my mouth watering. Yum!

Granny Marigold said...

Every year I wait for cherries to be ripe and available at the grocery store and /or market. Are they available already out your way? Here it will be a while.