Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, May 20, 2021

Back to Blankets for Babies and a visit

 Another sunny walk this morning and 53 degrees.
Walked around the cemeteries, town, and the ball park loop.
I'm thinking I haven't seen anyone else out walking because
now that it is light earlier in the morning I've been leaving the house earlier.


Quite a few rabbits hopping about the cemetery and the kitty
was out there again as well.

The ball park loop starts just up ahead after the building in the right.


 Always enjoy a walk around town first thing in the morning.
The perfect way for me to start my day.

Walked my usual 6 miles


Most of you know that the Baby Blankets I make are for the 
new born babies that are born in a local hospital.
A group of women from my church meet once a month for breakfast,
a short devotional and then work on the blankets.
We didn't meet for a long time because of Covid, though we all kept making blankets.
A while ago now the group started up again but I haven't been going.
Today I joined them again (there were 12 of us) and had a wonderful time.
So good to be out with these ladies again.

After leaving church I stopped over at my friend Bettye's house
to pick up a puzzle that she borrowed and brought her another one.
We had such a nice visit sitting on her front porch talking 
about this and that. 
Such a normal thing to do and it was great!!!

This afternoon I planted the veggies in the raised garden beds.
2 eggplants
2 bell peppers
Zucchini 
Some rhubarb is already there from last year 
and still have to get that one cucumber.
I also put a few marigolds around the plants.
Now it all just has to grow.

It's been a delightful day and all the sunshine just made it even better.

Life is Good

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Thursday to you.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️
😃

Comment Replies:
Diane - Last nights snack was ice cream, 🙂  🍨  Double Chocolate Fudge Brownie.
Rose - Yes, I agree birds seem to be very happy creatures.

13 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Sounds like a most perfect day!!

Lowcarb team member said...

Sounds a very nice day.
Lovely to be able to get-together in groups again.

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

A pretty morning sky.

Tom said...

...I love the first image with the silo!

Martha said...

So glad you had such a nice day and glad you were able to get back to some normal things! Beautiful photos as always. Have a great evening. :)

Ruth Hiebert said...

I'm glad you are able to meet together. we are under severe restrictions again, cause our Covid numbers just keep climbing.

ellen b. said...

How nice for you to enjoy some normal type of gatherings and be encouraged by seeing others face to face. Making blankets for babies is such a wonderful thing to do. Hope you had a nice evening!

Hill Top Post said...

Your little town sure is a pretty one. How wonderful that you are back with the group making blankets.

Granny Marigold said...

It's good to know life is going back to normal again.
Looks like you had lovely weather for transplanting those veggies.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It's good to be planting again. I plant all my herbs in alphabetical order. A friend asked, "where do you find the time?" I replied, "it is next to the sage!"

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
It does feel good to have the normal gatherings again. How wonderful that you and the church group are making the baby blankets again. Have a happy day and a great weekend!

Rose said...

I bet it was like a breath of fresh air o do something normal again.

Bill said...

Beautiful photos especially the one with the silo. Have a nice day!