Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, April 01, 2021

The mysterious boots

 Woke up to a dusting of snow on the ground and 27 degrees.
A few flurries around while walking and snow showers continued on and off
all day but nothing stuck on the roads.

Walked around both cemeteries.

This gave me a chuckle walking around the cemetery on top of the hill.
Someone walked right out of their boots! πŸ˜€

In times past you may remember me posting about walking up the
 lane to our neighbor Ron's house, usually when the snow is too deep
to walk in town or its too icy.
Took the picture from the cemetery of his house.
(at the end of the arrow)
I would say it is 2 miles away as the crow flies.

Continued walking through town and then around the ball park.

No people around but did see a few of those rabbits again.

🌷 Maybe tomorrow spring will be back again. 🌷

🌨    πŸ™‚    ☁️

Ken as been asking for English Muffins Loaves so I made some 
this morning.  These are so good that we never buy English muffins anymore.
That will be tomorrows breakfast.

This afternoon I knitted on the pink scarf until it was done.
These things always take a lot longer than I think they will.
Nice to be finally done. It is 70 inches long. 🧢

Spent an hour or so reading this afternoon.

That's all I have for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳 happyone ❤️

18 comments:

Jeanette said...

That is so funny those boots in the road! They must have fell off of a truck or something.

ellen b. said...

Well those boots would certainly give you pause. Glad you could get a full walk in today. That's a pretty pink scarf!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I have to wonder what happened to the person who left those boots. I love that pink scarf.

Rose said...

I would love to know the story behind the boots!

Tom said...

...we built and moved into our house in November, 1978. I was a landscaper then and planned to put in the lawn in the spring. In early spring the yard was a mud hole and one of our daughters was outside playing and walked out of her boots. She came into the house in her socks and her boots were stuck in the mud.

Lowcarb team member said...

Seeing those boots there did make me smile :)
I like the colour of your scarf.

All the best Jan

Nellie said...

What a lovely scarf! You find the most interesting things on your walks! Gloves/mittens....and now boots! We love English Muffin loaves!

William Kendall said...

Weird about the boots.

Martha said...

The boots are pretty bizarre! The pink scarf is really pretty :)

Vee said...

I'd say I can't believe it, but I went out to the mailbox after dark and it was snowing. 🀦🏻‍♀️ Hope it doesn't last any longer than yours.

Granny Marigold said...

Snow on the first day of April!! That must have been a surprise.

Unknown said...

You think those boots belonged to someone buried in that cemetary? A ghost perhaps? Strange how they were placed upright. Why is there snow on the boots and the path is clear? Okay, now I'm just scaring myself. LOL!

Hootin Anni said...

So near the cemetery those boots are! My first thought was someone saw something that scared them right out of their boots!!!

Love the pattern of your hand work. Very pretty.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

We had a little snow shower but it did not stick around. I wonder who left their boot, that is strange. Your English loaf sounds great, I love the muffins. Your pink scarf is pretty. I would try your recipe. Take care, have a great weekend! Happy Easter!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Must be unnerving having an arrow in the sky always pointing at your house. Can't they get it removed? Who put it there in the first place?

God bless.

Michelle said...

That scarf is beautiful and well, those boots are kind of strange!

Bill said...

How can someone lose their boots. :) Nice looking scarf.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Boots! Left on road! Bizarre! There has to be a story there. But I have no idea, what it could be!

-grin-

Love pink, so love the pink scarf.

πŸŒ·πŸŒΈπŸŽ€πŸŒΈπŸŒ·