Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, April 02, 2021

No Walk Today

 Morning brought with it 2 more inches of snow, a temperature
of 15 degrees and wind. 

I should have just went for my walk anyway and wore an extra
layer of clothing, but I thought I'd just walk later in the afternoon
when it warmed up a bit.

I had good intentions but never made it out to walk.
That happens sometimes if I don't go first thing in the morning.
If I go later in the day it seems like a big chunk out of the day
and it just isn't the same.

In the morning we took our trash to the dump and then stopped at the bank.

David and Liz stopped by for a while and then I read.

The weave-it baby blanket for April has begun.
The three colors I'm using for this one are,
Lime Green - it is a pretty light green and much nicer than the name implies.
Pale Pink
The name of the third color made me laugh - Super Duper Yellow. 😃

Rounded out the afternoon by baking a chocolate cake.
We'll give ice cream a break and have cake for our snack this evening.

Sorry no pictures today.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hope your day was a happy one.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Good Friday is a day of sorrow mingled with joy.
It is a time to grieve over the sin of man and
to meditate and rejoice upon God's love in
giving His only Son for the redemption of sin.
- David Katski -

19 comments:

Tom said...

...today was a sunny, but bitterly cold day here. No working in the garden, next week should be better. Have a blessed Easter.

Rose said...

Another sunny, pretty day here, but definitely chilly. Supposed to get in the 70;s over the weekend though.

Rose said...

Those sound like pretty colors for the baby blanket.

ellen b. said...

So much to contemplate on what this weekend means for us! A joyous Easter to you and yours! He is Risen indeed!

John's Island said...

Even though no walk today you still posted with a positive attitude. I can count on you for an encouraging post. Wishing you and Ken a Happy Easter.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Sunny and warm here. I wonder if we will get more snow. That cake sounds really good. Happy Easter weekend to you and Ken!

Martha said...

Sorry about the cold, it was even chilly here in Florida today. I know what you mean about not getting in your walk in the morning, same here. Sounds like it was a good day either way. :)

Granny Marigold said...

I feel the same way about walking. If I don't do it right after breakfast I get busy doing other things and it doesn't get done.
Friday mornings are like that here because we leave the house around 7:30 to do the grocery shopping (seniors hours are 7 to 8) and usually go to 2 or 3 stores to buy the specials so by the time we come home and put everything away we're both too tired to go walking. We excuse ourselves and say all that traipsing around the stores was our walk.

Hill Top Post said...

Maybe it was just meant for you to take a day off. I am back up to 43 days, but that's a long ways off from the 1,314 I had before the big bad winter storm. I know I will never make it that far again. Maybe I won't even try.

Hootin Anni said...

Morning walks are the best. Even if it's late morning start it messes the day's routine, and seems like less work gets done. Altho snow isn't the culprit here, I still understand.

Happy Easter tomorrow.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
We woke up to some snow on the ground yesterday. I hope it warms up this weekend.
Happy Easter Weekend!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Best wishes for Easter to you and yours.

God bless.

KEV. Robertson. said...

All the best for Easter Karen. Seems as though Winter is hanging on- strange how the Seasons are at the moment. We're in Autumn though it is still green with all the rain we've had. Best Wishes. KEV.

Aritha V. said...

Super Duper Yellow. That sounds so funny.
I wish you a good Easter Sunday.

Lots of love.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

What *rude* weather!!!! >,-)

We had snow showers, but no accumulation. Cold though...

A reminder that Spring is not here yet!

Happy Easter...
🐇🎀🐇🎀🐇🎀🐇

Bill said...

Seems like the weather is taking a step back. Our weather will be regressing too, cold tonight and tomorrow. Wishing you and yours a blessed Easter.

Jeanette said...

Yes, if I don't do my exercise first thing in the morning I don't do them at all that day! I lose my ambition pretty quick!

William Kendall said...

Cake sounds good. It was sunny and a bit cool here today.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Oh my, does not seem to nice, for someone to have put those boots, on a grave marker. Grumble...

The little bit of snow on that road, looks as if it could make walking a bit difficult. Looks like it could be a bit slippery. But you walk all the time and certainly know how to deal with it!!!

Bake 2, freeze 1... Brilliant!!!!!!!! Yessssss!!!!

Wow, those puzzles look *hard*!!! But I'm sure, you like 'em that way!

Happy Easter
🐇🎀🐇🎀🐇🎀🐇