Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Short Walk

 It was supposed to rain this morning but it was still dry when I left
for town.  Threw my rain slicker in the Jeep just in case.
Sky didn't look too bad at first and thought I'd beat the rain.

Headed over to the post office and mail off my latest Bible lesson.
As I left the PO it started to rain.
Went back to the car and exchanged my sweatshirt for my rain slicker.
Walked around one of the cemeteries and the ball park.
Should have worn my rain pants because it poured and didn't take long for my 
pants to get ringing wet. 
Then I got cold and just wasn't enjoying walking so headed back
to the car and home again.
Only got to walk 2.5 miles, but that's better than nothing.
Besides it is the last day of the month and my goal steps for each day
is at least 12,000 and I've surpassed that goal this month by 125,543 steps.
I ended up reaching my goal of 12,000 today anyway.

🌧    ☔️    πŸ™‚

Made French toast for breakfast.

A rainy day so we stayed inside and puttered about the house.
Got a lot of dusting done which is not one of my favorite jobs
but I had fun changing things around a bit here and there.

Supposed to get colder tonight and maybe snow but
I'm not going to believe that!! πŸ˜ƒ

Hope your day was a good one.
Thanks for stopping by.
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳 happyone ❤️

All's well, what's a rainy day?
Never mind that cloud,
behind that cloud you'll find a golden ray.
- Jonathan Swift -

14 comments:

Vee said...

Snow?! 😳 No, I don't believe it either.

It was a puttery day here as well. I probably
need to putter until bedtime.

Martha said...

Pretty photo! My normal daily walk is only two miles so you have me way beat. Congrats on reaching your goal. Glad it was a good day overall. :)

William Kendall said...

That shot is beautiful!

Tom said...

...I "enjoyed" a similar day, it may snow overnight!

Granny Marigold said...

What a pretty pink and purple sky!!

Hill Top Post said...

Everyone seems to be having colder weather. We had some sleet today. I love today’s picture!

Rose said...

It is supposed to get cold here tonight, but no mention of snow!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I love French toast.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Pretty sky shot! It rained here off and on and they talked the rain may end with some snow flurries. A cold front is coming through, making our temperatures much colder. I love french toast, yum! Take care, have a great day!

Hootin Anni said...

We need rain...severe drought in our area.

If you did get snow, I bet it was a heavy, wet snowfall.

Beautiful sky shot.

Bill said...

No snow, no rain, no wind but plenty of SUN here today, it is gorgeous. Suppose to get colder this weekend. I'll wait and see on that. :)
Have a great day!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

We've had rain/snow on and off, all day..... It's snowing again, as I type.

Glad you did not keep on, when cold. Very wise to stop. Being chilled is not a nice way to exercise.

πŸŒ·πŸŒΊπŸŒΈπŸŽ€πŸŒΈπŸŒΊπŸŒ·

ellen b. said...

I would never be one to say you didn't get enough steps in! Hope that snow forecast is wrong.

Lowcarb team member said...

Oh that sky is beautiful, I do like the pink and purple colours.

All the best Jan