Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, April 03, 2021

Those boots again

 18 degrees this morning, calm, and sunny once the sun came over the mountain.
Wore my extra warm coat which kept me nice and warm.
No waiting around for it to warm up today! ๐Ÿ˜€

Walked around both cemeteries, the ball park, and through town.


Look where those boots are now.

This was the only road that had snow on it - everywhere else it's pretty much gone.

Didn't see anyone else out walking on this early Saturday morning
but did see a few people stop at the bakery, probably for those donuts
that I can smell for blocks around.

I was just about down to the bulls and some of them turned 
and started walking away, even my #55.
Then when I talked they came back.
I was wearing different colors and thought maybe they didn't
realized who I was till I talked.  That may be a bit far fetched though.

This frozen mud puddle caught my eye.

Walked 6 miles

๐ŸŒค    ๐Ÿ™‚    ๐Ÿšถ‍♀️
Shopping day at the Dollar General.  
I've mentioned this before but we seem to be buying 
more and more groceries there!

My package with the puzzles and new needles came today.
Was going to wait and do the puzzles next winter but have a
feeling I'll be doing ONE of these new ones.


So nice to have my new knitting needles. 
Transferred the blanket I'm knitting onto the new needles
and now no need to worry about the needle coming apart.


Easy supper this evening.
When we made pizza last week we made two.
Ate one, froze the other which we ate today.

Thanks for stopping by.
Have a happy day.
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ happyone ❤️

๐ŸŒธ   ๐ŸŒบ    ๐ŸŒท    ๐ŸŒผ

The great gift of Easter is hope -
Christian hope which makes us have that confidence in God,
in His ultimate triumph, and His goodness and love,
which nothing can shake.
- Basil C Hume

10 comments:

Tom said...

..it looks like those boots are made for walking! Happy Easter to you.

Bettye said...

I figure those are your footprints in the snow along side the lane.?? Hope you had other shoes along when you took the boots off. LOL Happy Easter to you and Ken.

ellen b. said...

Those boots are making the rounds. I'd like to think those bulls know your voice. I like your new puzzles. Happy Easter Eve!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wonder who is moving those boot around the cemetery? Kind of spooky... I love those puzzles. I don't think I could wait until next winter to start one. Do you order your puzzles through Amazon? Hope you and Ken have a wonderful, peaceful and blessed Easter!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I do have to wonder where those boots will show up next. It would be interesting to find out the reason for them being there.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The boots are a mystery! I would think the bulls do know your voice now.
The puzzles look great, I am still working on one. Have a happy and blessed Easter!

Martha said...

What is up with those boots?! Have fun knitting and doing your puzzles. Happy Easter to you and yours!

Vee said...

Hmmmm...must be some special significance to the boots. I have seen some odd things on gravestones. Everything from newspapers to a bag of potato chips.

I have chosen the puzzle you might be tempted by for spring. Now I'll have to wait to see if I am right. Always good to have working equipment!

Inger said...

Those puzzles look great. I'm sure the bulls know you by now. Happy Easter, have a blessed day.

Bill said...

I wonder if the boots wi be moved to another place later. New puzzles to do for next winter season. Have a wonder Easter!