Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, April 05, 2021

I've fallen and I can't get up!

Had a bit of an adventure on yesterdays walk.
Went down to see the bulls and one of them was on his side
in a depression in the ground by the fence and couldn't get up.

I watched him try 5 or 6 times to get up but he just couldn't do it.  
He was getting tired and his eyes looked scared and I was worried about him.  
A while back Farmer Marvin gave me
his cell phone number and I now called him to tell him about #59.

Farmer Marvin was soon there and tried to get him up.
He put a chain around the bulls neck and attached it to a post and pulled to try
to get the bull turned so he would be able to get up.

Couldn't get him turned around on his own so his son Austin came to help.
Here they are gettin #59 turned and he finally was able to get to his feet.

Then they had to get the chain off his neck which wasn't such an easy
thing to do because the chain was pulled tight as the bull tried to get away.
They finally got the chain off and I'm happy to say #59 was fine.

Farmer Marvin thanked me over and over again.
Sure was glad I gave him a call.

🐂    🐂    🐂

This morning when I walked it was 34 degrees, sunny, and calm.
My usual walk around town, both cemeteries and the ball park.

Went down by the bulls to see if I could spot #59 from yesterday.
Sure enough there he was eating.
Love the look on the face of #10 looking at me. 


Number #59 stopped eating and put his head over the fence when I
walked over to him and I'd like to think he was thanking me. 🙂


Look where those boots are now.
Someone is having fun moving them around each day.


Didn't see any others out walking but did see a couple of deer again
and the rabbits too.

Walked 6 miles

☀️    🌸    🚶‍♀️

In the morning got the sheets washed and hung out on the line,
and a good start on this weeks house work.
Also got Italian sausages put in the slow cooker for supper.

Afternoon was time for fun.
Went out and hiked around around Happy Trails.

A sunny and a warm enough afternoon that I could sit on 
the front porch and read.

Hope you had a nice sunny day too.
Thanks for stopping by.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️


24 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

So pleased that you were able to alert Farmer Marvin to the fallen bull.
Great pictures sharing the story, so pleased it all ended well.

Funny about the boots, where will they end up next, I wonder?

All the best Jan

Rose said...

I am so glad you noticed the #59....wonder how old they are?

Those boots are made for walking....

Hootin Anni said...

Beautiful Spring blossoms to end our walk together!!! And you were definitely #59's guardian angel. Praise be.

Martha said...

I am so glad you had the farmer's number, poor #59! Maybe he really was thanking you in the photo. The boot thing is so weird and a little creepy since they are in a cemetery! Glad it was warm enough to sit on the porch and read, spring is inching it's way in. :)

Nellie said...

I’d say you were a life saver for that bull! How good that you happened by in time! Someone is having fun moving those boots around. Once more, you’ve had a busy day!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Hear, hear! No more scary post Titles like that!!!! You had me worried!!!!!!!

I see the title, where my Blog List is, before I click on it, to read the post... And from the post Title, I get an impression, in that couple of seconds it takes, to come up. Long enough, to WORRY that YOU were the one who had fallen, etc.

-sigh-sigh-sigh-sigh-sign-

Soooooo... No more scary post Titles!!!!

Please...

-smile-

Pretty please...

-smile-

😒 😒 😒 😒 😒

Beside a babbling brook... said...

But what a wonderful happening. Not that he fell. But that you called and got the farmer and son, to rescue him. Poor bull!!!!!!

I think you have made a friend, for as long as he is in the pen. -smile-

Would you please give the recipe, to that Crock Pot Sausage meal? Or give the link to it? YOu have me wondering about it! And I love all Crock Pot meal ideas.

Gentle hugs.....

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Are you SURE, you aren't the ONE, who is moving the boots????????????

>>ducking, running and hiding<<

Tom said...

...farming sure is a hard business and the boots keep on walking!

Hill Top Post said...

Lucky for #59 that you went walking his way that day. Those boots! What fun!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I think that #59 might need a Life Alert! ;-)

Ruth Hiebert said...

I am most certainly not a farmer, but, I’m guessing you helped to save that bull’s life and saved the farmer a lot of money.

Connie said...

Bless your heart, you may have saved old 59's life . . . at least you certainly turned his terrible day around.

ellen b. said...

Wow. Good for that bull that you like to look in on them. Glad you could help. I'm glad it wasn't you who fell down!! Love that he acknowledged you!

Unknown said...

Poor 59. He was probably scared. Glad you happened by, and glad he's okay. I still say a ghost is moving those boots.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I am so glad you were able to alert the farmer about his fallen bull. It is good to hear happy news, I am glad the bull is ok now. Cute photos of the cows. I would like the crock pot sausage recipe, I am making a garlic chicken in the crockpot today. Take care, have a great day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wishing you a great time always.

God bless.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Helping the Bull is your Good Deed Karen- well done!

Vee said...

What a story with a happy ending! It sure looks as if #59 was saying "thank you."

Jeanette said...

i'm glad you were there and able to contact the farmer about #59! I wish animals could understand just enough to know when we are trying to help them. I think he was thanking you too! Those boot are pretty funny!

Retired Knitter said...

What an adventure. I am very sure the farmer is glad you called him. He has a lot invested in that animal. As far as the boots? My money is on Ken!

Granny Marigold said...

Wow! That was an unusual and rather exciting walk. So good that you had Farmer Marvin's cell number.
#10 bull looks almost sweet but I doubt he is. Bulls are not known for sweetness. I can imagine the trouble Farmer M and his son had getting that chain off the bull's neck when all he wanted to do was get away from them.

Bill said...

Glad you helped #59, itt's good that the farmer gave you his number. These boots are turning out to be rather very mysterious. Where will they be next is the question. Enjoy your day!

William Kendall said...

Good for the bull.