Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, April 24, 2021

An afternoon of Uno

 34 degrees this morning, sunny, and with a slight breeze
when I went walking.

 A very quiet morning.
Only saw one person and he was the fisherman from yesterday
back again.
Very few cars too, though I did see Farmer Marvin drive by in his truck
a couple of times.

Dropped a DVD (Wings) off at the library down the slot.
Walked around town, down the main road and along some
of the sides streets as well.  
One of my favorite streets is this one past the day care center.  


Went around both cemeteries.
The lawn was cut at one of the cemeteries in a grid.
Looks like grave plots were marked off.


Continued walking past our old house in town and up the hill behind the house.
The big house up there on the right is Lisa's house.


Then walked back through town to the pond where my walk ended for today.

Walked 6 miles

☀️    πŸ™‚     πŸšΆ‍♀️

Time to make another trip to the dump and on the way back
went to the Dollar General.

David and Liz came over lunch time.
We ate sandwiches for lunch and then instead of having game night
we had game afternoon.
Had a fun time playing a bunch of games of Uno.
That took care of the afternoon.

Didn't get a thing done today but had a wonderful day with the kids.
I call them kids but they are 48 years old! πŸ™‚

Thanks for stopping by.
Hope your Saturday was a good one.
A smile from me to you. πŸ™‚
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳 happyone ❤️

The dandelions have finally bloomed around here.

Comment Replies:
Deb and Vee - After I read books on my Kindle I delete them.  You can have 10 books at a time with Kindle Unlimited.  They have just added magazines too and you can have 3 of them at a time.

16 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Isn't that dandelion full of sunshine? You have a real pretty area to walk. I ❤️ Uno!!

Rose said...

I like the looks of the street past the day care. and love the early morning light in the photo with Lisa's house.

Debi said...

A bit of a different walk today. I've never seen a cemetery mowed like that. My cousin was visiting and we walked two miles today. It was a beautiful day here for a walk. Enjoy your weekend!

Martha said...

Great photos and sure sounds like a fun afternoon. I still refer to my grown children as the kids too, guess I always will. Enjoy the rest of the weekend! :)

Ruth Hiebert said...

Our children will always be kids to us. Even the Dandelions are pretty in spring.

Tom said...

...it's wonderful to see how things have greened up!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Thanks for the explanation about how Kindle unlimited works. You afternoon of Uno sounds like a lot of fun. :-)

Unknown said...

Uno is my favorite game. It is so much fun and I can see where the afternoon could pass playing hand after hand. Glad you all had fun.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Yep ... dandelions everywhere. Are they flowers or weeds?

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Great photos from you walk. The sunlight looks beautiful. The bees seem to like the dandelions. Happy Sunday, have a great new week!

Henny Penny said...

That was a pretty walk and sounds like a fun afternoon. I haven't played Uno since my grandchildren grew up and stopped visiting for days at a time. I miss those days. Funny how dandelions can grow and bloom anywhere. Gurantee you if I planted one in the gravel and wanted it to grow, it wouldn't. :)

Bill said...

The dandelions are everywhere here. I haven't played Uno in a long time but I still have it along with Yahtzee. I'll have to dig them out and play them, we always enjoyed the games. Have a nice day, it's nice and sunny here. :)

ellen b. said...

I still call our kids, kids! I see why that street is a favorite. Very pretty. So as usual, it seems, I'm playing catch-up with posts! Have a wonderful Sunday.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Everyone needs a Do Nothing *Useful* Day!!!! And I'm glad you had fun, and thoroughly enjoyed it!

I note your answer to Vee.. You have Kindle Unlimited too! Isn't it wonderful?

Granted, not every book I want to read, is on it. But lots and lots are.

10 books "out" and no due date for getting them "back," like at library! Then, just a Click, to Return them and get more.

Plus, since I only have to click to get new ones..... Unlike with the library, where I have to drive down, park, go in and return, and pick up new ones...... Kindle Unlimited is super easy! And at my age, I really appreciate this.

Yes, I still have Real Books!

But we both, are super happy, with reading on our Tablets. And he _has_ to read thus. With his bad eyesight. And I buy books for him. He doesn't read fast, and I don't care what they cost, if he enjoys them. -smile-

Gentle hugs,
'Beside a babbling brook' blog
πŸ’›πŸŒΌπŸŒ»πŸŒΌπŸ’›

William Kendall said...

I have never played Uno.

Granny Marigold said...

34 degrees is still pretty chilly. I wore my winter coat for walking this morning and carried an umbrella because it started to rain. My feet got wet.