Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, April 23, 2021

Another day another walk

 Started walking with a temperature of 31 but by the time I left
for home it was up to 38 degrees.
A sunny morning for walking with a slight breeze.

A nice sunny walk around the cemeteries, the ball park and town.
Though I walk in mostly the same places I go in a different order
so it never gets boring for me.
Always enjoy seeing the bulls and cows.
I've met many people around town and wave to lots more.
Nice to see what's happening in town from day to day.
Each day is always just a little bit different.
And the scenery is beautiful.

A couple of pictures from my walk today.
A fisherman enjoying early morning at the pond


Walking up to the cemetery.


Walked 6 miles

☀️    ๐Ÿšถ‍♀️    ๐Ÿ™‚    ๐ŸŒธ

Did the usual morning chores.

When I first got my Kindle last year I got Kindle Unlimited free
for three months.  Kept it going for a few months and then quit.
Today I joined again.  I get 2 free months again and then have to pay
$9.99 a month.  Even though you can get some free books on different
sites and get books from the library I seem to have trouble and it is
much easier and faster to use Kindle Unlimited.
Sometimes I can get books without trouble from the library
but most times it just doesn't work! AND then you have to wait for
the books.  With unlimited you get the books instantly with no trouble!
For me, I'd rather pay the money!

In the afternoon I went walking around Happy Trails.
Added a bit more deadfall to another fence I started along
the back property line.

For supper we had the pizza we made last week when we
made two and froze one. 

Thanks for visiting and do come again.
Hope your day was a happy one.
A smile from me to you. ๐Ÿ˜€
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ happyone ❤️

15 comments:

Rose said...

I love that shot towards the cemetery.

If I read as much/as fast as I used to, Kindle unlimited would be the way to go. I finally learned to use the new way for the library, but wonder how long it will stay the way it is. Seems like the library or even Kindle unlimited does not have a lot of stuff I would like to have.

Tom said...

...we had a chilly start today too, spring look great in your neck of the woods.

Martha said...

Such beautiful photos! I agree with you on the Kindle unlimited. If you read a lot it's well worth it. Have a fantastic weekend! :)

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I have a question for you about your Kindle. Do you delete books once you have read them? I have quite a few on my Kindle, but I limit the number of books I get because I think I won't have enough room. I found out that there are some books I can get because because I am a member of prime. I find that I am reading more and more on my Kindle though. I have also had a hard time downloading books from the library.

Granny Marigold said...

"Each day is always a little bit different". I totally agree. With the weather, the seasons, the different people we meet, no two days are the same.

Vee said...

Hmmm...I'll be interested to hear the answer to Deb's question. Looks as if spring is returning.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I love both photos, the pond and the shadows on the second photo.
I have the Kindle Unlimited, the price just went up to 10.59. Take care, enjoy your weekend!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Ah pizza ... save me some.

God bless.

Hootin Anni said...

I too tend to go back to my favorite areas when I walk. As you say, each day is different no matter which direction, being the same or different way. And I so enjoy your photos & narration.

Bill said...

Some nice quiet time for the fisherman. Nice light in the second photo. Enjoy your day!

Retired Knitter said...

I have used Kindle Unlimited off and on for a few years and I like it. You can get up to 10 books at a time. I have discovered some pretty good authors this way and I never keep the Kindle Books I buy after I have read them so this seems to make more sense for me.

William Kendall said...

Peaceful shots.

Sue said...

Your photos are so beautiful especially the one with the fisherman, I too find so many interesting subjects while walking, though I haven't walked this week, caught a nasty springtime cold, don't know how that happened as I wear a mask everywhere I go.
Blessings,
Sue

Jeanette said...

I had Kindle Unlimited for a while but found that I don't read as much as I used to so I cancelled it and just stick with library books now. Plus they have free books to download and Amazon Prime also has free books every month. Love your photos!

ellen b. said...

Such lovely sun kissed photos!