Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, April 29, 2021

#55 moved away

Rained during the night and though it wasn't raining when I drove
to town I wore my rain slicker and pants because it sure looked like rain.
It was 57 degrees.
Walked around the cemeteries and here you can tell the rain
will be coming soon.


Walked around the second cemetery and then down to see the bulls.
#55 isn't there anymore, but #11 seems eager to take his place.
He came up for a break from eating and gave my hand a sniff.
Then I took his picture.


I was just leaving and Farmer Mavin's son, Farmer Austin was
just getting there in his truck and we talked a bit.
Asked about #55.
He told me that 55 went to live on a farm on Bumble Bee Rd.
(about 4 miles south of here)
Also asked him about the white cow.
They have a few of them and they are Charolais cattle.

 The first 3 miles or so there was no rain but sure was glad to have
my rain gear on for the second half of my walk when it did rain.



Also walked around the ball park a couple of times and then a loop
around town before going back to the parking lot.
There were some police there again for training and these were the
canine units.  There were a few police standing in the parking lot
and I walked over to them and thanked them for all they do and
told them I pray for them. Well, you should have seen their faces 
light up and they thanked ME!!
It really meant a lot to them - just a few little words. 

So on that note I got in the Jeep and went home.

Walked 6 miles

๐Ÿšถ‍♀️   ๐ŸŒง   ๐Ÿ‚    ๐Ÿ‘ฎ‍♀️

It rained on and off all day and the wind really kicked up again.
I'm sure I'll have some more deadfall to put on my fences.

Got all housework done for the day in the morning and then
this afternoon I read and knitted.

This evening we made French fries in the Air Fryer but this
time used real potatoes instead of the frozen ones.
They turned out great and I don't think we will be
buying frozen ones ever again.

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ happyone ❤️
๐Ÿ™‚

Comment Replies:
Tom - No our kitchen sink is NOT an antique, it's a new one.  Both my grandparents had sinks like it and I always wanted one.  So when we had the house built thought it was the perfect time to get one. I love it.

18 comments:

Tom said...

...I "enjoyed" a similar day. Was working in the garden until the rain made it muddy and unpleasant!

Granny Marigold said...

It looks like you got quite a downpour. Good thing you had worn your rain gear.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Fresh French Fries in the air fryer sound delicious! I may have to get an air fryer myself. Good for you for thanking the police officers for their much needed service. I think that, as a society, we take law enforcement for granted, but we would sure be in a mess without them. Glad you had your rain gear during your walk and didn't get wet. See you again tomorrow. :-)

Debi said...

We've had three "drizzly" rainy days in a row and tomorrow will be the same. Saturday us supposed to be sunny... finally! How thoughtful of you to say those kind words to the officers, they need that right now.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That rainy weather looks so good. I wish we would get a week of that here.

William Kendall said...

It looks quite damp.

Vee said...

You learned a lot about #55 and the white cattle. I think it must be nice for the farmers to have someone take interest.

We're in similar weather circumstances. It will be a rainy day and perhaps a rainy day tomorrow as well. May flowers coming...

ellen b. said...

Good for you for taking the time to thank the police officers! Good to know there's a #11 to fill the void of #55! :) Happy last days of April to you.

Martha said...

I'm sure glad you had your rain gear! I was worried about where #55 might have gone, but glad he's ok and just at a new home. I'm glad you stopped to thank the police. I think we all know most of them do what they do for the right reasons. Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos. :)

Rose said...

I hope #55 lives a good life...and I bet he will. #11 is a handsome fellow.

I bet those police were so glad of a kind word and to know they are thought of means a lot.

Hootin Anni said...

Maybe you can walk the other direction sometime to say hello to #55.

eileeninmd said...

It does look cloudy and muddy. # 11 is a cutie, great shot. The more I hear about air fryers I want one for myself. Have a great day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I love French fries. Favourite food.

God bless.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- It is good of you to acknowledge the Police in person and thank them for what they do in service- it does mean a lot to them to be Thanked. I intend to catch up with the two Paramedics who saved me this time last year on the 8th of April 2020...Emily and David are such a great pair- my Partner (Chris) knows David's Mother and they have had a chat and passed on my thanks and best wishes to David and Emily. Best Wishes. KEV.

Melanie said...

I have a special place in my heart for cows and sheep. They have such soulful eyes. It's so great for you to acknowledge and thank the police. I've done that a couple times with service men. Have a great weekend.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Your #55 is living on Bumble Bee Road! -smile- And #11 is your new friend.

And the white cows, are a breed!

Oh I am so happy you spoke to the police and thanked them and said you pray for them!!! YESSSSS!!!!! In today's horrible *Cancel Culture,* of course they smiled and felt great, to hear you say that! I just love it!! I do!!! I think I feel nearly as good, as they did. Hugs to you!!!

๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒฟ๐Ÿ’›๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒฟ

Bill said...

French fries are one of my favorites. It rained this morning along with some hail but then after 20 minutes, the sun came out. :) Bumble Bee Road, what a great name.

Michelle said...

We have had the same rainy weather here in central Kentucky. Nice of you to speak with the police officers. Much like anything in life, there is good and bad in all. I don't have an air fryer, but have been wondering if would be worth the investment.