Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, April 28, 2021

A walk to town

This morning I walked to town instead of driving.
Left the house at 6:25.
It was a cloudy morning but the temperature was already a warm 61 degrees.

This is the road I live on and I'm headed toward the main road.
Saw a ground hog scurry across the road from left to right 
and into his home which is on the hill.


 A left turn at the main road takes me to town.
Town is 2 miles from home.


I walked around one of the cemeteries and the ball park.
Then went down the main street in town.

Only walk 2 miles in town so I'm not there very long.
Didn't see anyone else out walking.

The last two miles is walking from town to back home.
There was some kind of road work being done past where I could see
beyond my road to turn back home.
There were cones in the road and only one way traffic.
So walking back down the main road I had the shoulder and left side of the
road all to myself with no cars.  
You can kind of see a row of cars coming up the hill and where 
I turn off to go home.


Off the main road here now and headed back home.
Didn't take a picture of it but I just passed a squirrel that was dead
in the middle of the road.
I'm not surprised a car it him because I've seen him
just sitting in the middle of the road a few times and almost
hit him myself.
He was a pretty big one, gray and a rusty color underneath.


There is a whole row of forsythia along the road and I stopped
and broke off 4 little branches and brought them home.
Took a one handed picture of the forsythia here as I walk up the last
bit of road to home.


Walked 6 miles

When I got home I put the cut forsythia in some water.
Hoping to root them and then plant them out front.

☁️    🚶‍♀️    🌼

The morning was spent getting some housework done.

Ms BB, this picture of my kitchen is for you.
Doesn't it remind you of the picture you posted yesterday?


In the afternoon I read and knitted.
Tried sitting on the front porch but it was so windy I came back inside
after a few minutes.

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️
🙂

19 comments:

Tom said...

...WOW, what a sink, is it an antique?

Sue said...

Enjoyed walking with your today, Karen, and your Kitchen is absolutely beautiful, I have a black counter top with oak cabinets , and have debated whether to paint mine white, looking at yours makes me want to.
I have missed walking because of this cold virus, just haven't felt up to par, and like you it has been extremely windy here.
Thank you for the well wishes, I am on the up swing.
Sue

Henny Penny said...

I felt like I was walking with you this time. Poor little squirrel. I guess he sat in the road one time too many. You have a pretty kitchen.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I love that picture of your kitchen. We had a garden window much like yours in the first home we bought back in the 80s. I loved that window and sure wish I had one now, but we have a galley kitchen with no window over our sink. I love your kitchen. I don't think I had ever seen a picture of it. I also love forsythia bushes. We have some here in the neighborhood, but none near our home. I hope you have a great evening and I will see you tomorrow.

Martha said...

Wow, what a beautiful kitchen, I love your sink! I feel bad for the poor squirrel. Glad you took some pieces of the forsythia, hope it will root. Thanks for taking us along with you today. :)

William Kendall said...

That's a long walk.

Unknown said...

What a pretty view you must have when you're doing your dishes. Also what beautiful counters and cabinets you have.

Granny Marigold said...

I loved the glimpse of your lovely kitchen.
We have a few suicidal squirrels here too. Sooner or later they get run over.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I like the shot of your kitchen sink and window. You had a nice walk, the forsythia is pretty. Have a great day!

Hootin Anni said...

I didn't know you could get a starter bush by cuttings with the forsythia. Good luck & keep us updated with your attempt.

Again, love the country roads.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I'd be interested to know if the forsythia in water will root. Thanx.

God bless.

KEV. Robertson. said...

I like your Kitchen Karen- very nice style and very neat. Regards. KEV.

Aritha V. said...

I love your kitchen pic and te yellow forsythia. I think it will root in water.

Happy@Home said...

Your kitchen is beautiful. It would be a pleasure to wash dishes in that nice big sink.
Good luck with your forsythia.

Bill said...

Good luck with the yellow forsythia, it should root. Nice old sink, I love it.

Sandy said...

Popped over from a mutual friends blog, as I read about your walking and thought it would be nice to get acquainted. Nice walk, but I would be a bit concerned about walking on the birm. I like to walk later in the day; but we have too much traffic to walk on streets without sidewalks. I do have 3 parks I can walk to for some variety. Do you war a fitbit? I do and find it helps some with motivation, which has been lacking of late. Been trying to mix up walking with yoga, yard work etc I enjoy listening to audio books when I walk and use the Library's app Libby. Have had good luck with finding books.

Do pop round for a visit and keep stepping!

Sandy's Space

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Nice to have the road, on that side, to yourself, on a main road!!!

Yesssss! Your kitchen does look like the second illustration, in my post (https://her55kim.blogspot.com/2021/04/housekeepingcalls.html). I seem to have forgotten "the magic way," one leaves a click-able link, this morning.

Lowcarb team member said...

Anther lovely walk, that forsythia is lovely, I think it will root in the water, you'll have to let us know.

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

Love your farm sink! Forsythia is such a great sign of Spring. Such a happy bush. Sounds like a good walk today. Happy last couple days of April!