Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Wednesday

A steady light drizzle this morning as I walked along in my rain pants and yellow slicker.  I didn't mind walking in the rain though because it wasn't cold at 48 degrees.
First light - 6:45
Sunrise - 7:12

Pretty dark when I first started walking so I stay on the main road where there are street lights.

Walked all over town, the ball park, and both cemeteries.

The fire siren at the fire house blasted out 5 long blasts and a 
minute later the fire truck left.
You can just see the red lights form the truck down at the end of the road.

Went down to say good morning to the bulls and took a picture of the farm pond.

I stopped to watch a Robin take a bath in a rain puddle.
He was taking a shower and a bath at the same time.
Robins seem to really enjoy a bath!!
Stopped too far away to take a picture - he would have flown
away if I got any closer.

No one else out walking on this rainy morning.
Walked 6 miles

🌧    πŸ™‚    ☔️

We drove to town this morning and picked up a DVD at the library.
We have started watching Wings. We started watching the series because one of the actors in Wings is Tony Shalhoub (MONK) who plays Antonio the cab driver.
He doesn't appear until Season 3 episode 2 and we just picked up season 3.
He was in one episode in Season 2 but he played a waiter.

Also did a few other errands in town.

Though the day started out rainy by lunch time the rain stopped
and the sun came out.

Didn't do all that much, just puttered about the house and walked around
Happy Trails a little.

A happy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves
to recognize how good things really are.
- Marianne Williamson -

18 comments:

Tom said...

...we started with a steady rain which stopped a bit afternoon. A beautiful day after that. I got some of my garden planted.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love that quote at the end of this post. So true. I have never watched either Monk or Wings. Maybe I should get some DVDs at the library and check those shows out! Glad you had a good day. See you again tomorrow.

William Kendall said...

I hear fire trucks quite often here. There's a station a few blocks away from me.

Michelle said...

Rain predicted here tomorrow and heavy at that. Puttering around the house is my favorite thing to do :)

Granny Marigold said...

I've noticed that Robins splash a LOT in the bird bath. Sometimes after they're gone I have to refill it because they've splashed it all out.

Hill Top Post said...

Rain is on its way here tonight and tomorrow. I really do love a rainy day and like you enjoy walking in a warm rain. Your first picture is wonderful!

ellen b. said...

That is a dark start to your walk. Sounds like a good day all around even with the drizzle. We are having weather that can't make up it's mind. Have a great Thursday!

Rose said...

We had sunny weather today...the high was 70ish...I puttered around in the house. Got into mess, and did a load of clothes. Rain is supposed to start moving in here about noon 'tomorrow', or should I say later today? I keep sewing a bit on my binding on my quilt. I don't dare start it of the day or I won't get anything else done. Though I seriously thinking of doing that tomorrow till I can be done with it.

Unknown said...

I remember Wings. My husband and I watched the entire show's run. We loved Tony Shalhoub and the entire cast. What a good sitcom that was.

eileeninmd said...

Hello

You did have a dark start with your walk. The Robins do enjoy the baths, they look so cute.
I hope we have a nice sunny day today! Take care, enjoy your day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

First photo is wonderful.

God bless.

Happy@Home said...

That robin enjoying his/her bath is a sure sign of spring.

Martha said...

Wow, six miles is one long walk!

Jeanette said...

I love watching birds taking baths in puddles! That was a dark start to your walk!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

You stay on main road, with lights, while dark. But then, you go to unlighted places, as the light comes up.

But where do you walk, all winter, in the 6-7am darkness?

"Miss BB"
πŸŒ·πŸŒΊπŸŽ€πŸŒΊπŸŒ·

Vee said...

What is all that snow doing here? Just waiting for the daffs and tulips to show up? ☺️🌷

Bill said...

The first photo is very nice, I love it. We have some heavy winds today with a few downpours.

Lowcarb team member said...

Goodness! That is a dark start to your walk. Great picture though.

All the best Jan