Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, March 23, 2021

A sign of spring

Temperature up to 38 degrees this morning, calm and once again sunny
once the sun peeked over the mountain.
First light - 6:47
Sunrise - 7:14 

Walked to the library to drop off a DVD and then through town over to the
 Dollar General, then continued around the industrial park.



Back through town, around the ball park where I saw Rebecca
walking her dog Leo.
Only one fisherman at the pond this morning.
Used up my 6 miles so didn't get to walk around the other
cemetery or see the bulls today.

Look what I spotted in a yard, some early daffodils.
These are the only ones around but sure nice to see.


Walked 6 miles

🌀    πŸ˜€    🌷

A trip to the Shop and Save first thing after breakfast.
Got everything put away and did my usual morning chores.

After lunch I went up to the cabin with Ken to work
on the shower room.
David and Liz at work again today so he couldn't help.
I walked back to the house at 3:30.

Looking forward to a bit of reading and knitting this evening.

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment replies:
Vee - No, don't watch any vlogs - just no extra time for that.
Vee and Granny M - About the bulls.  Farmer Marvin breeds and raises the farm bulls and also beef cattle.  When the farm bulls are ready to sell he moves them over by the barn where I visit them.  He has a few pastures around here and often moves his cattle around.  Farmer Marvin also grows corn and soy beans.

15 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Extra busy today after your 6 mile walk! Those daffodils are my favorite Spring flowers!!!

Jeanette said...

Such pretty daffodils! I love to see them! There is a house a few miles from us that has hundreds of daffodils in their back yard. It's very neat looking! I'm going to try to remember to get a picture of it as soon as they are all bloomed!

Tom said...

...what a sky! Our daffodils have poked up, but no flowers. It's nice to work in the garden, will plant my peas tomorrow. Take care.

Rose said...

I haven't seen daffodils yet, but my hyacinths are almost blooming. Your shot of the daffodils makes me want to go for a drive to see if I can spot any.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Those Daffodils look so cheery.

ellen b. said...

What a treat to see those daffodils. Beautiful sunrise. I'm way behind because of our family nonstop weekend. It will take me a while to catch up!

William Kendall said...

The daffs are lovely!

Deb J. in Utah said...

What a beautiful sunrise! I love daffodils. We have quite a few up in our neighborhood, but I think I will plant some daffodil bulbs in my yard next fall. It's always great to see the first signs of spring. See you again tomorrow! I

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love seeing the big farms and farm equipment. It makes me feel good to see our country producing crops for our use! Love your pretty Spring flowers!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Spring is late over here.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Pretty sky and I love the daffodils. I hope you show the new shower room when it is done!
Take care, have a happy day!

Inger said...

Love the daffodils, my favorite flowers. I'm done reading blogs for now, so will instead go on a walk with my dogs. Thanks for the inspiration, even though my walk will be very short. I'm counting steps, not miles. But every little bit counts, as the saying goes.

Bill said...

The sky is a beauty, great start to your day. Nice old tractor.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

You mentioned Vlogs, in a question-reply...

Me too, do not watch Vlogs! Or videos on my computer. Only ones I look at, are something of information. I don't have the time or inclination, to watch stuff like Vlogs or personal blog videos or how-to-cook or etc.

"Miss BB"
πŸŒ·πŸŒΊπŸŽ€πŸŒΊπŸŒ·

Lowcarb team member said...

Those daffodils are lovely.

All the best Jan