Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, March 18, 2021

Thursday

 Enjoyed our game last night playing UNO with David and Liz.
We played 6 games.
Liz gave me this cute mug.
She said it looked like a happy mug with all the daisies and
she thought of me.
Isn't she nice!!

Rainy when I woke up this morning and it was 35 degrees.
Don't mind walking in the rain but don't enjoy a COLD rain.
My raincoat is not big enough for me to wear layers underneath.
So I walked a couple of miles inside.

We went to Shop and Save right after breakfast.
After getting home and putting away the groceries it looked like
the rain had stopped and it was up in the 40's so decided to go to town
and walk the other 4 miles.

I got drizzled on a bit and then the sun almost came out, then clouded
up again and started raining when I got back home.

I happened to be walking around at 12:00 and that is when the church
bells play hymns - so nice to hear.

Walked around both cemeteries and the ball park.

There were 4 people fishing, but didn't see anyone else out walking.

Walked a total of 6 miles

Did a little more knitting and reading this afternoon.

This is going to be the last picture of the snow pile.
Don't think there will be anything left come morning.


Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:




Deb - Took a picture of James Drane's headstone to show you and double checked the date and 1828 was correct.







A new headstone was put up in front of the old one and his wife Priscilla's is buried next to him.  She died in 1836


14 comments:

Tom said...

...I haven't played Uno in years. We have a few dirty snow piles. Take care and stay well.

Rose said...

It has rained all day long here...rained hard for a long time. I did not leave the house...and I did get some sewing done. One of these days I will have a completion. But won't bet on when, though all I lack is hand sewing and I usually really enjoy that part. Well, I enjoy it all. But just seems like it has been hard for me to finish this quilt.

Our snow is long gone, and hope we don't get any more. At least not to amount to anything.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like your new mug.
Pleased you had an enjoyable game night with David and Liz.

All the best Jan

Granny Marigold said...

Your church bells play hymns at noon? That's so lovely. I really like that.
We're back to rain here too. I hope it doesn't hang around too many days.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wow, that grave has been there a long time. 1828. I bet James Drane remembered the American Revolution! Maybe he was even part of it! I love that mug that Liz gave you. It is so cheerful - I can see why it reminded Liz of you! See you again soon.

William Kendall said...

The snow is going fast.

Unknown said...

I love UNO. Such fun to play.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I have not played UNO in a long time, hubby and I enjoy playing the card game 500 rummy.
We had rain most of Thursday, I hope the sun comes out today! Your new mug is cute!
Take care, enjoy your weekend!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The end of the snow.

God bless.

Hootin Anni said...

I would love to know more history of the couple buried side by side. Cemeteries hold so much. Love the winding wooded trail!!! And as I said before, Uno is a great game. Sweet gifted cup.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Precious mug!!!

Yes, daisies are a happy flower!

Do you remember Meg Ryan's character in "You've Got Mail"? She loved daisies! And did a sweet little 'tribute' to them. -smile-

Awwwwww, snow pile going, going,, gone. :-) Each time I look out at the snow in our front yard, toward the North, I think of doing a continuing pic of it. -smile- But haven't.

๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŽ€๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŽ€๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŽ€๐ŸŒธ

Bill said...

Uno is a fun game. We used to play a lot but not recently, the game is still in one of our storage boxes.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

We used to play UNO and can't think why we stopped playing !?
I see you still have snow, despite the rain, spring is on it's way down South, so hold on just a little longer...
A lovely walk, six miles...phew.
Hugs,
~Jo

Jeanette said...

That is a very pretty mug Liz gave you. I have several gifts from my daughter in law and even though her and my son are divorced now I still treasure them.