Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, March 19, 2021

A touch of spring


 28 degrees this morning.
A calm morning and once the sun rose I had a sunny walk.

My usual walk around town, the ball park and both cemeteries.

Went to visit the bulls and just 6 of them left.
The others have been sold to other farms.
Was told a couple of them went to Kentucky.

A couple of geese flying from the town pond to the farm pond.

No people out walking again but there were 4 people fishing at the pond.
Seemed like a cold morning for standing around fishing!

Look what I spotted - don't know what they are but spring is on the way.
(Thanks to Tom the little yellow flowers are Winter Aconites)

Walked 6 miles

☀️    πŸ™‚    ☀️    🚢‍♀️

Put a roast in the slow cooker with potatoes and carrots
first thing after breakfast so didn't have to think about
supper till it was time to eat.

The day was sunny but a bit of a wind kicked up and it stayed in the 30's.

Had a few errands to do.
We took our trash to the dump, returned a book to the library,
stopped at the Post Office to mail a letter, and went to 
G & W Lumber.

I'm just about done with the round dish cloth I've been knitting.
Will post a picture of it tomorrow.

Glad I took a picture of the snow pile yesterday because
this morning it was all GONE!
Maybe we won't get any more snow after all.

That's it for this Friday.
A happy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies: 
Anni - There are some links at the bottom of the posts. You will find information abouit James Drane and the Drane house.

21 comments:

Tom said...

...they are winter aconite.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eranthis_hyemalis

Hill Top Post said...

I love the picture with the geese flying. The church and surrounding village in the picture look like something Ken might design on his train layout.

Rose said...

I meant to comment once before...I had wondered if the bulls were actually bulls or were they steers. I am assuming now that they are actually bulls for breeding?

I don't have many things I put in a crockpot first thing, but sure love it when I do.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Roast sounds good. I have one in the Freezer, so maybe that will be our Sunday dinner. My family likes it cooked in Coca Cola. Hope you have a good weekend. See you again soon.

Leslie said...

Yay.. I see spring. I love the geese photo. Your dinner sounds great!!

Bettye said...

Such pretty little flowers. Love the picture of the Bulls. Will have to look them up what Tom has put here.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Any new signs of life in spring are so welcome.

Granny Marigold said...

Just today I noticed a couple of Winter Aconites blooming in my flowerbed where many years ago I put in quite a few bulbs. Only these 2 or 3 have survived. Are the ones you showed in your pictures growing wild or were they in someone's yard?

Bill said...

I really like the flying geese photo, it's really a great image.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Happy Spring! Pretty capture of the morning sky and geese. Our snow has disappeared, I am glad to see it gone. I am hoping for some spring weather and blooms here. Have a great weekend!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Good to see the beginnings of Spring. We've been having a lot of rain with serious flooding- mainly to the North of the State- many householders have been evacuated- hoping the rains will ease soon. Regards. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Lovely flowers whatever they are ... a rose by another name would be called Fred.

God bless.

Hootin Anni said...

My favorite is the silhouetted geese!!!

I missed the links? Will have to go read right now.

Hootin Anni said...

It must be that I'm viewing from my phone. The end of your posts have your profile picture (I skimmed 4 back posts) ... No links. I will come back & visit when I am on the computer and view the full web version

Happy@Home said...

The yellow flowers must have been an especially welcome sight after so much snow.
Your roast sounds delicious. I think there are few meals as comforting as good old fashioned pot roast.
I will look forward to seeing your round dish cloth. I don't think I've ever seen one in that shape before.
Happy Spring!

Vee said...

πŸ™πŸΌ for no more snow. Snow in spring is always a bit disappointing. Glad that pile of snow is long gone. Hoping the same for mine in a week or two.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Love those tiny wildflowers! I am trying to learn more of them but it's hard. Glad your snow is gone but I guess you could still see winter weather. Enjoy you walk today!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Your snow pile is gone!!!!! Come on, Dear. Gotta' get a Spring Time Header up!!! -smile-

I got chicken thighs, with mushroom sauce, in the crock pot this morning, right away. No need to think about dinner, till it's time to pop baked potato into the oven, an hour before we eat. I love that, just as you do!!!!!!!!!!! Aren't we the Smart Ones?!?!? >,-)))))

🌺🌸🌷🌸🌺🌷🌸

The Furry Gnome said...

Nice to see those aconites.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful skies!

Lowcarb team member said...

Pleased that your snow has all gone.

All the best Jan