Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, March 22, 2021

The Glove

 A pleasant walk in the sun this morning once it came over the mountain.
It was 32 degrees and calm.

Started my walk going straight through town and over to the
Dollar General where I turned around and walked back through town.
Made my usual loops around the ball park and both cemeteries.

Farmer Marvin moved some more bulls down by the barn and I
counted 22 of them today.

The only people I saw were three people by the town pond fishing,

Some of you may remember that I found gloves while walking along
and put them on posts along the main road a while back.
Can't remember how many there were but it was over a dozen.
One day someone came and took them all down.
Well today I found a glove and put it on a post.
Will see how many I put there before they are gone again.

Walked 6 miles

☀️    ๐Ÿšถ‍♀️    ๐Ÿ™‚    ☀️

Started on my weekly chores around the house in the morning,
while Ken went up to the cabin to work on the shower room.
His helper had to work today so he was on his own in the morning.

After lunch I went with Ken for two loads of gravel to put up by the cabin.

When I was home again I did some more knitting on the blanket.
I had to start over because my needle came apart and I wasn't able to
get the stitches back.
The needles I'm using come apart and screw into different lengths
of plastic to make different size circular needles.
Now after each row I check to make sure it isn't coming apart.

That's all for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ happyone ❤️

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap
but by the seeds that you plant.
- Robert Louis Stevenson -

Comment Replies:
Linda -  Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment.  So sorry that you are unable to go walking because of your painful ankles.  I know I am blessed to be able to walk every day and have nothing hurt at my age!!

14 comments:

Rose said...

It will be fun to see how many gloves you find. I hate that your needles came apart! I have been doing some hand stitching on binding on a quilt and the thread tangles so bad, even with running beeswax over it.

Michelle said...

Interested to see how many gloves you end up finding this time!

Vee said...

Yes, let's enjoy the glove game again. ☺️ I thought the Farmer was selling his herd. Do you watch any homesteading vlogs? They are so interesting. Let's just say there are lots of rotations going on. Sounds as if there are big projects at the cabin.

Tom said...

...I can't tell you how many mismatched gloves that I have!

Connie said...

Your posts are always so enjoyable to read . . . they put a smile on my face. Maybe a homeless person gathered up those gloves, wouldn't that be nice :)

William Kendall said...

One wonders if the county eventually collects them.

Lowcarb team member said...

It will be interesting to see how many gloves you end up finding this time.

All the best Jan

Granny Marigold said...

Farmer Marvin now has 22 bulls!!! I wonder where he gets them.
You're starting another glove collection! I wonder how many you'll find and put on posts this year.

Hill Top Post said...

I like to think the glove is giving a friendly hello wave. I once lost one of my best gloves on my walk. I retraced my steps but to no avail. A couple of days later I walked down to the pond and found it right at the water's edge. I never knew what carried it there; probably one of the mischievous little calves.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Glove episode is back! Great.

God bless.

Happy@Home said...

Seems there are a lot of people losing gloves. It will be fun to see how quickly they add up this time.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Love the Saga of the Gloves!!!!!!!

Still pretty cold, in that pre-dawn hour.

My husband often says, that on Guard Duty in the Army, that pre-dawn hour was the most bitter and cold and miserable.

"Miss BB"
๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŽ€๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒท

Bill said...

Gloves, season 2. I wonder how many episodes you'll have this year. :)

Retired Knitter said...

Love the glove story!!