Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, March 20, 2021

It's Round

 23 degrees this morning, calm, and once again sunny once
the sun rose.
A beautiful morning for walking.
Another walk all over town, the ball park and both cemeteries.

Sure was nice to see the sun come up over the mountain
and then things warmed up.
Just walking up here from visiting the bulls.

Leaving the cemetery on top of the hill just a few minutes later.
Nice and sunny walking down the hill.
My very long shadow.

Three people fishing this morning at the pond. ๐ŸŽฃ
Two people out walking dogs.
The man with the friendly dog and
the kid with the barking Bailey.

Three deer up near the cemetery

Walked 6 miles

☀️    ๐Ÿ˜€    ☀️    

Made our weekly Saturday morning trip to the Dollar General.
After putting groceries away got my morning chores done.

Very pleased how the round wash/dish cloth turned out
and amazed that I actually made it. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
I've put it on my Made By Happy K blog with the pattern if any one is interested.

Started another knitting project, a baby blanket. 
Don't know who I'm making it for but I like the pattern.

Thanks for stopping by.
Hope your Saturday was a happy one.
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Tom - Thanks for identifying the little yellow flowers as Winter Aconite. 
GrannyM - Thank you too for identifying it and I saw them in someones yard.
Beside - You are right, I need to change that snowy header to a nice springy one. ๐ŸŒท

20 comments:

Tom said...

...it nice to see that you have spring in the air. We enjoyed a gorgeous spring day here.

Debi said...

A lovely walk. Our weather is warming a bit so we are planning to take a few nice long walks in the next few days. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Rose said...

I like the sun just peeping over the top...sound like there were several enjoying the day.

That dishcloth is too beautiful to use.

Hill Top Post said...

Good job on the round dish cloth. It's really too pretty to use.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That dishcloth looks just like the pattern i used to make. They are pretty.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. The dishcloth is just great. Sounds like you had a nice day. See you again tomorrow.

Bettye said...

The dish/wash cloth is so pretty. Looks like a doily. Too pretty to use for washing anything. I would put it out for people to see and admire.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Too pretty for a wash/dish cloth.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Pretty sky shot and I like the long shadow photo too. Sounds like a nice day and walk.
The dishcloth pattern is really cute. Have a great day and a happy new week!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hello Karen- It is good to see you enjoying the Spring walks and the Knitting Project. Stay well and safe there. Regards. KEV.

Happy@Home said...

My, what long legs you have :).
Your round dish cloth turned out so nice. It's almost too pretty to use.

Inger said...

Another great day for me to be inspired by. Thank you.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

That's almost too pretty to be a dish cloth. -smile- But it adds a bit of "pretty" to the kitchen chores.

What a lovely place to walk. I'm sure not all of your walking is done on such a smooth and safe surface, but that one is super.

๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒบ

Bill said...

A nice walk on a nice morning. I like your dish/wash cloth, it's different and unique.

Jeanette said...

Whenever I walk outside and my shadow is long with the sun behind me I always think it's good because no one can sneak up behind me!

Granny Marigold said...

How curious that your shadow was so very elongated! Like you were on stilts.
The dishcloth is very lovely. The pattern makes it look like a doily.

William Kendall said...

Pretty shots!

Linda said...

It's great that you can walk so far. If I exceed six-tenths of a mile, my ankles scream in pain for a full day. Physical therapy has not helped.

I love the outdoors though.

susan q said...

Great dishcloth, Karen. Use it as a doily, a lovely pattern. I usually use darker cotton yarn as I am messy and lighter colors end up with coffee stains. Spring is also coming to south central pa as well. Be well

Lowcarb team member said...

Well done on the round dish cloth, I like it.

All the best Jan