Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Coltsfoot

38 degrees this morning when I walked.
A bit of a breeze but sunny.

Saw a few rabbits on the way to town.  

First walked over to the post office and dropped some mail down the slot.
Then headed up to the main road and walked to Sale Barn Rd and
up that way.
This pasture is another one of Farmer Marvin's, but no cows there today.


Back from there and I walked around both cemeteries.
Walked around this one for a little while looking at the gravestones.


This picture taken from the corner of the cemetery for a different
view of the Drane house.


Rebecca was out walking with her dog Leo and I saw her two different
times but was too far away to say hi.

Walked 6 miles

☀️    🙂    🚶‍♀️

Shopping day at the Shop and Save and we went there right after breakfast.
Got that stuff put away and then left for the quarry and got a load of
gravel.  Home for lunch and back out again for the second load.
It is for up at the cabin.

Got a little bit of knitting done but not enough to finish the pink scarf,
that will have to wait for tomorrow.
Just so much you can do in one day!!

Temperatures reached into the 60's this afternoon - a gorgeous spring day.

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy spring day to you.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:

Inger - You asked if that was our driveway in the picture yesterday.  Not sure what picture you were talking about but there was no picture with our driveway in it.
This is our driveway.


Quite a few of you thought the yellow flowers from yesterdays post were dandelions.  They do like dandelions but they are actually Coltsfoot.  Dandelions won't be around for a while yet.

Anni - did you ever find the link to James Drane at the bottom the posts?  If you didn't you can find it HERE.

GrannyM - This weeks flavor ice cream for me is Triple Chocolate!!  mmmm good

14 comments:

Tom said...

...the rolling hills in your area sure are beautiful.

Martha said...

Glad you had a nice spring day. I would have to take my walks in the afternoon there, I've lived in Florida my whole life so your morning temps are freezing to me lol. You live in a very pretty area and sure had a productive day!

Hootin Anni said...

First, yes I did get a chance to read about the family. They had a lot of children & family history is so interesting to me.

2ndly, The flower is a new one for me. And you certainly kept busy!! (Like viewing your cemetery)

Granny Marigold said...

Last week we tried Cherry/Chocolate frozen yogurt and to our surprise it was very very good. So we will add that to out favourites. Triple Chocolate does sound good too.

Happy@Home said...

Interesting information about the coltsfoot flowers. I will be taking a closer look at early dandelions from now on. I took a picture of an interesting little white wildflower on my walk today. Now I need to figure out what it is.
Triple chocolate??? Yum!!!

William Kendall said...

I like that cemetery view.

ellen b. said...

Never heard of coltsfoot...interesting. Sixty degrees! That's quite a warm up.
We could use a few loads of crush around here. Hope you have a good Wednesday.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Beautiful views, I like the shot looking toward the Drane place. We may have coltsfoot around here, I will look. The triple chocolate would be my favorite. Take care, have a happy day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Look like a nice warm day.

God bless.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You've changed your banner pic and I love it! Nice weather too! We have a few days with highs in the 60s this week...which feels cold to us! lol Enjoy your day and happy walking!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Ahhhhh, that's what the title of Coltsfoot, is referring to!!!!!!!!!!

I thought I missed something in your post, and re-read it. -smile- Then read your "answers"!!!!! And that's where it was.

🐇🐣🐇

Bill said...

Nice view of the Drane house.

Jeanette said...

Looks like a beautiful morning for a walk! I love old cemeteries. There is one not too far from my house that I want to go look at. The problem is you have to park on the side of a main road and climb a hill to get to it!

Lowcarb team member said...

The weather looks lovely, nice to see blue skies.

All the best Jan