Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, March 29, 2021

A bit of green and some yellow

Yesterday morning when I walked it was raining but 54 degrees!!
This morning it was 27 degrees COLDER and only 27 degrees.
A few snow showers over night but only a very light dusting in some places.
What a difference a day makes.
It was also windy but nice when the sun made an appearance.

The Morning Moon

Saw a couple of deer and a couple of rabbits on the way to town.

Walked around both cemeteries and the ball park loop.
Looked down the hill by the barn where the bulls are and 
could only see one of them.
When I got there #55 was having a good scratch but all the others were
in the barn and just making their way out.
55 is my favorite bull - he is usually the first one to come over to see me.

Walked all over town too.
No others out walking but I did see David and Liz on their
way to work.  Liz said she spotted a flash of green and realized it was me
and they came down the street to say hi. 🙂

Walked 6 miles

🌤    💨    😀

Here it is Monday again already.
First thing put all the ingredients in the slow cooker to make chili
for tonight for taco salad.

Even though it was still below freezing this morning I hung the 
sheets outside to dry anyway.
It warmed up quickly and was sunny and in the 40's before too long.

Got a good start on this weeks house cleaning and before I knew it
lunch time had arrived.

No more work after lunch.  I knitted on the pink scarf and should
have it finished by tomorrow.

Then I went outside and hiked around Happy Trails.

A little bit of green has started showing up

and these pretty little yellow flowers.

Sure enjoyed those tacos for supper.
Now looking forward to our ice cream this evening.
Yes, we still have a dish of ice cream most days. 😃

A happy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

21 comments:

Tom said...

...dandelions are something that I have not seen yet this year. Spring will pop before we know it. Take care.

Inger said...

Those little yellow flowers look just like the ones we have in Sweden, the first flower to appear each spring. They are called Tussilago there. I love all you pictures. Is the first one of your driveway?

ellen b. said...

That's quite the difference in morning temps from one day to the next. We were in the 50's one morning this week, too. How fun that your favorite bull comes over to greet you. Your dinner sounded delicious. Hope you have a nice evening. We are headed to Bible Study...

Martha said...

Great job on your 6 miles once again! I'm glad it's warming up a bit there and having sunshine even when it's still cold is so nice. Great to see signs of spring are popping up too. I would love to see those bulls on my daily walks, nothing like that around here. Enjoy your ice cream this evening. :)

Vee said...

This cooling trend will have to give way. So far, it has worked out well here except that snow pile in the yard is still huge. So nice for you to have family nearby. It's a blessing.

Rose said...

We had the chilly weather yesterday, but not snow. Today was warmer and sunny and blue skies. I had an appt in another town and wish I could have stopped to take photos of these big patches of daffodils in full bloom. They were so pretty. And there was a winter wheatfield that was so, so green.

I will be glad to see your scarf. It is such pretty colors.

William Kendall said...

The bulls must be used to you.

Hill Top Post said...

I love that first picture! The farmer should give you the job of feeding the bulls!

Deb J. in Utah said...

It was cold and windy here today too. The grass around here is greening up now too, and a few flowers are out. Taco salad with homemade chili sounds delicious! Hope you have a great week. :-)

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The bees will love the dandelions. We may have some snow tomorrow after a day of rain. It is fun that the bull comes over to greet you! The taco salad and ice cream sounds great to me.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

If you look carefully at the second picture there's a golf ball up in the air. Who is playing at this time, I wonder?

God bless.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Even those yellow flowers are so pretty in spring.

NanaDiana said...

I'll even take the yellow of dandelions come spring because I know that really warm weather is not far behind. Glad you are getting your daily walks in. Wasn't there a superhero called The Green Flash? lol. xo Diana

Michelle said...

Nothing wrong with ice cream most days :) Things are greening up here too, and I am so glad.

Bill said...

The warmer days are a great sign for spring. Dandelions never die, they come back every year and receive the annual applause for a sure sign of spring. :)

Granny Marigold said...

I've been looking for the first Dandelions but none so far. They will be a nice splash of yellow in the park and I'll pick some fresh leaves for my pet bunny.
What's this week's flavour of ice cream?

Beside a babbling brook... said...

~clapping hands~

Beautiful new Header!!!!!

Yesssssss!!!!!!!

-smile-

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Ohhhhh the morning moon!!!! How lovely.

Are those dandelions? Or another similar plant?

I love dandelions. Do not see them as a weed at all. They are so pretty and bright and welcome spring. Why do people call them a weed???? -smile-

My husband has ice cream _every_ night... Later... To take his night meds.

Gentle hugs...

Rose said...

Well, I didn't say it yesterday, but I too thought/assumed they were dandelions...

Jeanette said...

This time of year the weather sure changes fast, doesn't it? Nie that cold morning warm up to not so cold days though!

Lowcarb team member said...

Five lovely photographs.

All the best Jan