Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, March 09, 2021

A warm day

 


A mix of sun and clouds on my morning walk.
A nice warm 42 degrees!!
That's 28 degrees warmer than it was the other morning!

A typical walk all around town, the cemeteries and the ball park.
None of the bulls ran away from me today.
Didn't take them long to get used to me.

A couple of geese walking around in the field.

Another couple geese leaving.

Saw a deer near the cemetery but her front left leg was injured
because she was only walking on 3 legs.
Must not be hurt too bad though because she took off running
on all 4 when she spotted me.  After a ways she walked again on 3 legs.

Walked 6 miles

🌀    πŸ™‚    🌀

Shopping day at the Shop and Save.  Store pretty much empty.

It was a mostly sunny day with a few clouds and the temperature
was in the mid 50's!!
More laundry hung outside and washed more windows.

The other day I made some Chocolate Chippers for David.
Learned that Liz's favorite cookies are Oatmeal so I baked her
some Oatmeal cookies today.
Then walked through the woods to the cabin to drop them off.

So nice having Happy Trails to go hiking in, our own personal park.

It was a good day and it zipped along much too fast.

A happy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Deb - If the sun is out and there's a bit of a breeze the clothes dry just fine outside on the line in the 30's.  My sheets yesterday were dried by 1:30.

Jeanette - The windows at my house sure don't stay clean for long. πŸ™‚The first time it rains they need to be cleaned again.

20 comments:

John's Island said...

Hi Happyone, All four of your photos in this post are excellent. I sure admire your location. Thank you for your kind words on my blog. I thought about Ken today. I rec'd an email from the Livingston Railroad Museum. I used to attend swap meets there a few years ago when I had a place in Montana. They will not be having the swap meet this year due to Covid. However, they sent a neat link to a video featuring the Model Railroad Club layout. I think Ken would enjoy the video. Link below ...
https://www.livingstondepot.org/livingston-model-railroad-club.html
Hope you and Ken have a fine week ahead. John

William Kendall said...

Great bird shots!

Tom said...

...what a sky to start your day. The geese are moving and making a racket today and I saw my first robin. Spring must be coming. Take care Karen.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The sky in the first picture is so lovely. Yes, it must be nice to have such a lovely place to walk around in.

ellen b. said...

You really do have a nice place to enjoy walks and views and toil, too. How nice of you to deliver cookies! Sounds like great walking weather for you today. Hope you are having a nice evening.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. So nice of you to bake treats for David and Liz. I know you enjoy having them close by. You have beautiful pictures today. See you again soon.

Granny Marigold said...

Beautiful clouds in the first picture.
I hope that deer with the injured leg will be okay. At least she can still run.

Unknown said...

You're so lucky to have happy trails as your own personal park. I hate washing windows. I wash them once a year, inside and out and that is it. Way too much work! Poor deer, I hope she's okay.

Hill Top Post said...

A mix of clouds and sun sure did make for some great pictures! I love the picture in my mind of you walking through the woods to deliver the cookies. Oatmeal/raisin cookies are Hubby's favorite so I know that recipe well.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Beautiful sky in the first photo. I see the snow is melting slowly.

God bless, Happyone.

Hootin Anni said...

Would love to go walking in the woods with you. (Beautiful clouds!)

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- The Snow is still thawing. 80 Deg F here to-day and felt cool- nights are cold with Winter on the way. Took Chris to Ti-Chi this morning and stopped off at our local Cafe for a Capachino and to chat with some Mates. Played my new CD and listened to the music of the group 'Duran-Duran'. Cheers. KEV.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Looks like a beautiful day, lovely sky shots. I have been seeing lots of geese here.
The cookies sound yummy! Take care, have a great day!

Melanie said...

We've had some lovely days as well here. It's wonderful to have such picturesque places to walk! I hope the injured deer is better.

Vee said...

More great pics! We are having a temperature blessing for a few days, then it goes back to the thirties.

Bet David and Liz enjoyed your deliveries.

I know those line-dried clothes smelled amazing!

Bill said...

Another wonderful sky to start your day. Hope the deer will be alright. That's good that he can run so the injury may not be real serious.

Inger said...

The bare tree against that beautiful sky! Love it.

The Furry Gnome said...

Yes, it must be nice to have your own private park!

Rose said...

That mix of sun and clouds was just glorious!

Lowcarb team member said...

A big WOW for the beautiful sky in your first photograph.

All the best Jan