Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, February 09, 2021

Walking up the lane

 Guess what?  It was snowing this morning when I got up.
I have a new walking routine now until I can drive to town and
walk around there again.  Driving isn't the problem but where to walk is.
Sidewalks aren't clear and lots of icy patches around.

It is too dark to walk when I first get up so I walk a couple of miles in the basement. Then later in the day I walk outside up and down the lane for the rest of my walk.  Today my outside walk was mid morning.

It was snowing when I left but on the warm side at 31 degrees.
Walking down the driveway.


This is along the lane.
Before we moved up here horses were kept here.
It is empty now but once in a while some work goes on inside.
I think someone is converting it into a place to live but
not really sure.


Nearing the end of the lane here and soon I'll turn around and
walk back.


This driveway leads to a trailer but they only come up here once in a while.
Tried walking there but the snow was too deep to walk comfortably
with it coming more than half way to my knees.


Have to walk up and down the lane a few times to get my miles in
but it is such a nice walk that I don't mind.
Don't know what took me so long to figure out just to walk here
when I can't walk in town!
So unless the temperature is single digits or freezing rain 
I'll be walking up and down the lane.

🌨    🌨    🌨

Got some more cleaning done and then after lunch we drove down
to town to the library.  Ken had a book to pick up and we
got the first season of Hill Street Blues to watch.

This is the latest puzzle we've done - 1000 pieces.
This one was a challenge but a fun.


Knitted some more on the pink cable scarf but still have a long way to go.

It's been a good day and I'm thankful for it.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Tina - Yes, it's an outhouse.

RK - The cabin has electric but no running water.  It is about 300 square feet.  Stairs lead to a small back stoop to a door into a small foyer area.  A step up takes you into the room.  There is a bump out for the bed and another bump out where a small table is built in with built in benches which open for storage.  I made the table out of a huge slab of wood. I sanded it, seems like forever, and then stained it natural and then put several poly coats on it.  There is a sink in the kitchen area which also has a small refrigerator, a microwave oven, and hot plate.  Liz is very creative with cooking with what she has.  A slow cooker come in mighty handy.  They are both just so thankful that they are finally living a dream of theirs. They are both really excited about their adventure!

19 comments:

William Kendall said...

I can see that puzzle being quite a challenge.

Lowcarb team member said...

I can see why that puzzle was challenging, well done.

All the best Jan

Deb J. in Utah said...

The puzzle looks like a good one. That's a great idea to walk up and down your lane. So glad that Liz and David are enjoying "roughing" it in your cabin. See you tomorrow. :-)

Tom said...

...I understand that the snow is crimping your style, but it sure looks beautiful in your next of the woods!

Henny Penny said...

I still say you live in the most beautiful place. The hills, the trees, all of it is so pretty. That puzzle looks like a hard one to put together. Your little cabin (last post) is so cute!

Ruth Hiebert said...

You do have a lot of snow. Walking that lane looks like fun.

Tina said...

Goodness Ms. Karen! I love your lane and often wondered why you didn’t walk from your home to town. It’s doesn’t seem to be far when you have described it. Your lane is just gorgeous all year round. If I can’t walk outside, I won’t walk. I need creation as much, if not more, than the exercise! Thanks for explaining the cabin. I wish they were bloggers and shared this new journey. It sounds so interesting and simplistic. A dream!

Granny Marigold said...

Thanks for describing the inside of the cabin. I hope they will like living there.

Hill Top Post said...

What wonderful places you have to walk. Who wouldn't enjoy walking through the woods, up and down a beautiful snow-covered lane?

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Not more snow. Please stop.

God bless.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- That looks like some serious snow there- looks deep in parts. Stay well and safe there- someday this pandemic will end. Regards. KEV.

Sandi said...

"It's been a good day and I'm thankful for it."

This is a good way to live.

o2bhiking said...

I love the woods in the snow. Glad you are getting out for walks. I think you might get more snow there than we did when we lived in Maine.

ellen b. said...

Wonderful lanes to walk on for sure. Wow snow up to your knees! You really jogged a memory out of my head mentioning Hill Street Blues. That puzzle does look challenging. We are working on one that is a real challenge right now. Hope you are walking outside today, too.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Wonderful that you keep up the walking, inside, when you can not do it, outside. Makes you appreciate/enjoy outside walking more, I betcha'. -smile-

In my comments, you said....... Your husband can trim your hair. You have thick hair so you can get a home trim. Mine is so thin, and my husband has eye troubles... So that is not an option, here.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

You do have pretty views walking in your area! I just started a 1,000 piece puzzle, I think it will take me a long time. Take care, enjoy your day!

Rose said...

Those are some beautiful views you took from the lane. The puzzle is different...one I would like.

Bill said...

You ave such beautiful winter scenery to enjoy while you walk.
Enjoy your day!

The Furry Gnome said...

Neat puzzle!