Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, February 08, 2021

New Neighbors ๐Ÿ˜ƒ


 4 degrees this morning and icy in town so walked some in the
basement first thing this morning.

Got a slow cooker of chili started after breakfast.
Ken helped with the cutting up of the peppers and celery.
We had taco salad for supper and used the chili for that.
Still get two other chili meals out of it.

Sheet washing day and also gave the laundry/mud room a good cleaning.

The sun came out and the temperature rose to a nice 33 degrees
after lunch so I got to have a nice walk outside too.
Walked up and down the lane.
Just walked up the lane and here I get to walk down the hill.
Our neighbor Ron lives up this way and he passed me and stopped
for a little chat.  You can just make out his truck at the bottom of the hill.

Walked up the driveway to our little cabin in the woods.


For a while now David and Liz have been talking about how they'd
like to rough it and live in the cabin.
The last month or so they have been coming up on weekends
and moving into it.  Last week they said good-bye to Asheville
and moved into the cabin.

๐Ÿ˜€ It is wonderful having them live here at Happy Trails. ๐Ÿ˜€

While I was out walking I went up to the cabin
to have a nice little visit with Liz while David was at work.
(called first)


Did a little knitting and reading late this afternoon before supper.

It's been a delightful day.

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Monday to you.
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Ruta - I like making snowman but the snow hasn't been good for making one.  You need a wet snow. It has been very cold which makes the snow dry and light and doesn't stick together good for making snowman. Though with it warming up today it might have been good today.

Art - I'd rather NOT walk in the basement but it's the only way I can get my steps for the day in and for me it is so much better than a treadmill - THAT I couldn't do! ๐Ÿ™‚

Susan - I agree, nothing like walking outside!!!

24 comments:

Tom said...

...I just received a picture of our cabin in the Adirondacks, snowshoes are necessary to reach it now. Take care and stay warm.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen - that will be so nice to have Liz and David close by. Another beautiful sunrise picture. I am glad you were able to get outside for a walk after lunch. Sounds like a busy day. See you again tomorrow!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I am sure you will enjoy having them near.

William Kendall said...

You certainly have a good amount of snow on the ground.

ellen b. said...

Wow! How nice that your son and Liz are roughing it in your cabin! Glad you could get a good walk outdoors today. We are getting some very cold temps the next few days so Dear won't be working in the shop. He's doing a little painting project inside where it's warm. Have a great Tuesday!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It looks so cold in all that snow. Best wishes to you all.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The photos are beautiful, I like your little cabin in the woods. It is great to have David and Liz close by. Take care, enjoy your day and week ahead!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Great to have David and Liz home. Lots of Snow there- were having a rather cool Summer here- though expect hotter days ahead. Bye for now. KEV.

Hootin Anni said...

I like your new neighbors!! That's awesome to have them nearby.
Walking in the sunshine can be so invigorating. Chili leftovers? I'll be knocking on your door shortly!

Ruta M. said...

How lovely for you to have David and Liz nearby. I'm sure they will be very happy in the cosy cottage you had such fun building.

Jeanette said...

That's great that your son is so close now! My son lives in New Hampshire and we only see him 1-2 times a year.

Retired Knitter said...

Wow, that is great news. I know that makes you happy to have your son so close.

You need to do a post or provide links to described the little cabin to us again. I can’t remember what it looks like in side. Like ... is it only for sleeping or can you get chairs and a table in it. The heat I am sure is a stove - but can you cook in it? I know there is an outhouse attached. Is there a place for clothes? I guess I remember the structure as somewhere you could be for a weekend - like the way you guys planned for it in the first place. Living there presents a whole new set of needs and questions as opposed to just a short visit.

Bill said...

Looks like winter has embraced your area with a dumping of snow. Very pretty winter scene, life in the cabin will be nice and peaceful for them.

Hill Top Post said...

I think it would be just the best thing to take up residence in that gorgeous little cabin in the woods!

Happy@Home said...

How nice to have new neighbors :). It will be wonderful to be able to see David and Liz more often.
Your snowy woods looks so fresh and pretty.

Tina said...

Is that an outhouse?! They will have to start their own blog about their living there. Exciting.

Rose said...

How nice that David and Liz live there...that would sure brighten any day. And your cabin looks so cute and charming in this photo. I am not sure if it is supposed to get above freezing here this week. Was 10° when I got up this morn...

Well, the above was written last night. I thought I had clicked publish but apparently I had not.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How wonderful to have your son and his wife there close by! Love seeing your snowy photos! Enjoy your afternoon!

Vee said...

Fun new neighbors! ๐Ÿ™‚

Granny Marigold said...

Will keeping warm in this cold weather be a problem for D & L?
I'm sure you'll love having them nearby.

Lowcarb team member said...

So pleased to read that you now have Liz and David close by.

All the best Jan

o2bhiking said...

That's great that your son and daughter-in-law are so close now. Glad you got in a walk.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

What a sunrise!!!!!

Wish I could see both sunrise and sunset, from my house, even. But we face north and the houses/trees around us, prevent it. -sigh-

The Furry Gnome said...

Are they really going to live there!?