Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Beauty in Winter

 

Went outside walking up the lane at 8:45 this morning.
It was 24 degrees, very still and foggy.
The trees were beautiful.

Walked all the way up the lane

to the end which is where our neighbors Ron and Theresa live
in a beautiful log cabin.
I turn around to go back down at the trees up ahead.

Heading back down the lane I see David and Liz walking up the lane
taking their morning walk. 😃

I met them, turned around and we all walked to the end together.
Back down again and this time they continued on their walk and I 
 turned around and walked back up the hill again.

My last time down the hill Ron passed me again in his truck.

Walked 2 miles inside when it was dark and 4 miles outside.

🥾    🥾    🥾

After walking we went out and did a few errands.
A quick stop in the Shop and Save
Dropped off some things at church
The dump
Library

Last night we watched Hill Street Blues.
I didn't much care for it when it was on television
and still don't.  Ken wasn't that crazy about it either.

This afternoon did my usual house stuff and then
read and knitted.  Slow going on the pink cable knit scarf but it is
now 39 inches. Finished length will be 72 inches.
Slow going for me because I have to count and pay close attention
to what I'm doing!!

Took the puzzle apart and have picked out the next one to do.
Pretty sure this will be the last one. 
Think I'm about puzzled out for this winter season.

Another day to be thankful for.
A happy day to you.
Thanks for visiting.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
GrannyM - The cabin is very well insulated and stays toasty warm inside.

Tina - Sometimes I do walk to town and it's 2 miles to the edge of town.  Started driving because it was too dark when I wanted to leave and didn't want to wait for it to get light.  Now I like starting to walk in town better because there is more variety to my walk.  Country roads, right in town, cemeteries, side streets, the industrial park, the farm loop, and I can mix it up and don't have to go the same way every day.
If I walk to town in snowy weather, I have to deal with staying out of the way of snow plows and all the spray from the cars and trucks.  
My morning walks are a lot more than exercise for me too - my alone time, prayer time, planning my day and love being out side early in the morning.
Also enjoy hiking around Happy Trails but that is totally different than my morning walk. Maybe you didn't expect such a detailed reply! 😃

16 comments:

Rose said...

First off, I enjoyed your detailed reply about your walk.

Love the snowy pictures...we had a hay rake like that one in the pic when I was a kid. Mom and Dad gave it to someone, but I don't know who, when they started having the use of tractor and hay baler. Well, my brother had use...

Lowcarb team member said...

Fabulous snowy photographs, just wonderful to see.

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

Beautiful wintery shots!

Tom said...

...we have a lot of snow, but the wind has blown the snow off of the trees. These are some beautiful scenes.

Vee said...

Stunning winter photos! I like the photo of your new neighbors out walking.

Tina said...

I loved your detailed reply! I know y’all must get tired of the snow at times but I never get tired of seeing your pictures of it. It’s so beautiful and so unlike anything we get here. Hillstreet Blues came on while I was in my last years of high school. I’ve never liked it either..kind of a depressing show to me. I am currently watching Doc Martin on lunch breaks and at night my husband and I are watching Endeavor. We just finished watching Little Dorrit. I think I’ve mentioned that we did not have internet available until April last year so we are using our Prime membership and catching up on a lot of the older British shows. They seem to be cleaner. Happy Trails!

Hill Top Post said...

Your wonderful photos certainly captured "Beauty in Winter." I really think these are some of your best.

Deb J. in Utah said...

So nice you had some walking companions. Wonderful snowy pictures. We never cared much for Hill Street Blues either. Glad you had a good day. See you again soon.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Those trees are just so beautiful .

Connie said...

Your photos are amazing. You could use them as Christmas cards :)

ellen b. said...

The snow has a way of making things looks so pretty. Lovely photos.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful photos, the first photo is one of my favorites.
Take care, enjoy your day!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Your Snow Scene photos are delightful- just perfect!

Sandi said...

So gorgeous.

Bill said...

I love your first photo, it's picture perfect and a wonderful winter scene.

Henny Penny said...

These pictures are like looking at Christmas cards! So beautiful there!