Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, February 11, 2021

Another walk in the snow

Had my little 2 mile walk in the basement this morning when it was still dark out.

Made us pancakes for breakfast and than at 8:45 when the snow
stopped we went outside to clear the driveway of the 5 inches or so
of fresh snow that had fallen since yesterday afternoon.

That done I went on my walk up and down the lane.


It was slow going walking in the snow but I was glad to be outside.
I was walking up the lane for the second time when I saw
Ron coming down in his truck.
That made things easier for walking because then I could walk in
the truck tracks.
You can see the tracks on the right where I walked up and down the first time.


Got the additional 4 miles in before walking back home.

The snow plow went off the road into the drainage ditch just down
a short ways from our driveway. A bucket loader came to its
rescue and after about an hour the snow plow continued on its way.

The snow plow left it's usual pile at the end of our driveway and
I shoveled it clear again.

Then it was time for lunch.
It felt good to sit down and take a rest.

Ken asked if I could knit a hat for him so I found a
pattern I had for one and spent the afternoon working on that.
It is a very easy pattern with no counting so I'll be able to
work on it while watching an episode of Law and Order later this evening.

That's all I've got for today.
Another good day to be thankful for.
Thanks for stopping by.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

16 comments:

Tina said...

So so beautiful! You had the snow plow and we had the road grader today! We’ve had a lot of rain and expecting more so we could have done without that service for a while. My son called pan cakes, “Pain Cakes” when he was little. I love them any time of day! Hope you have a good day.

Tom said...

...we got about 8" of snow today with more in the forecast for the weekend. It's cold and beautiful. Take care and stay safe.

Granny Marigold said...

Have fun knitting a hat for Ken. You're a fast knitter so no doubt you'll finish it in no time at all.

William Kendall said...

That first view through the trees looks refreshing.

Ruth Hiebert said...

What a lovely layer of snow! Given a choice, I would always rather have a good layer of snow then the bitter cold we have been having.It's a good thing i am not in charge of the weather.

ellen b. said...

You are getting quite the dump of snow. You two are such hard workers. A snowplow in a ditch...yikes. I made a solo trip down to Spokane today and was gone all day. Now I'm catching up. Hope you are having a good evening.

John's Island said...

Enjoying your snow photos. That is quite a winter wonderland you've got there.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wow, you still have a lot of snow. We have no snow, and in fact, my tulip are coming up. We should get some more snow in the mountains this weekend, but only rain down here. That will help a little. So glad you can knit Ken a new hat. You are so talented. It takes me a long time to crochet anything. Hope your Friday is good.

At Home In New Zealand said...

Hello happyone, nice to meet you :)
Walking in the snow sounds like hard work - I'm sure you must have walked an extra mile, just through using all that energy needed.
Have a happy day :)

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Great photos. It is very cold ...

God bless.

Henny Penny said...

Wish I could knit a hat! It looks so cold there. Makes me ashamed for complaining about the rain. I worry most about a tree falling on the house as the tall oaks in the front yard are standing in puddles of water.

Melanie said...

I'm glad you finally able to get out in the snow! It's been raining here so I've not gone out much. My daughter took up knitting a few months ago and has been going like a house on fire! I know the rudiments but can't quite make the stiches look even. I see you're watching Law and Order. That was my mother's favorite show. Right now I'm still binging Murdoch Mysteries.

Jeanette said...

I think walking in snow must be like walking on sand. Its tough but really puts the power in your walk! I'm glad you were finally able to get outside to walk!

Bill said...

Beautiful photos of your winter wonderland.

Hootin Anni said...

Sounds like a good plan! Knitting while watching TV...relaxing, comforting, & hubby getting a new hat/cap!
(Pretty scenery)

Hill Top Post said...

I fear that my walking streak might be in jeopardy if we get the weather predicted. But, I do have that big puffy L.L.Bean coat, so the weather will have to get pretty bad to stop us (Millie and me). I would feel honored if my hubby asked me to knit him a cap.